Chapter 23

Chapter 23

Connecticut  

Seventeen Months Ago

I was home alone. My mom and Chris had spent the weekend with my grandparents. The house was quiet, empty; it seemed eerie at night. I walked into the living room and slumped onto the couch. I leaned my head back against the cushions and closed my eyes.  

Suddenly, there was a knock on the door making me jump. I hesitated a couple of moments unsure whether to answer the door or not. I slowly got off the couch and cautiously opened the door." 

Officer Penn Walker was standing in front of me. I had to admit he looked hot out of uniform. He was wearing jeans, a grey tee and a black leather jacket. "Hey, sorry, I'm here so late," he said smiling. He had a perfect smile. And I'd seen a lot of it lately. In the last month he'd spent a lot of time with my mom. 

"My mom's not here," I said diverting my eyes from his face.  

"I didn't come to see your mother," he said walking into the house.  

"Um, excuse me, you can't just walk in here." The way he brushed passed me made me feel uncomfortable, especially because he'd been flirting with my mother. 

"I knew you were alone thought we could hangout," he said sitting on the couch.  

"I want you to go, Penn," I said firmly.  

"Come on, Brenna, watch a movie with me." He got off the couch and walked towards me. "I know you like me. I see it in the way you look at me. I can give you anything you want." 

"You can't give me anything, and I don't want anything from you, Penn," I said backing away from him. 

He was right in front of me now. "Oh, really?" he said raising his eyebrows smugly.  

"You're so full of it, Penn," I scoffed. "Just leave me alone." 

I tried to step around him but he grabbed my shoulders pulling me to him. "I may be full of it, but I'm not a liar, why are you denying your feelings for me?"  

"Feelings? For you?" I pushed him off me but he grabbed my wrists, holding them against his chest.  

"Leave me alone, Penn."  

"Or what?" he said pulling me closer to him, our noses almost touching. "Tell me you don't want to kiss me," he challenged.  

Involuntarily my gaze dropped to his lips.  

"Tell me," he whispered as he leaned in closer.  

I shook her head, trying to clear my thoughts of his perfect lips which were now almost touching mine.  

"If you don't answer me, Brenna, I'm going to kiss you."  

My head was spinning. Kiss Penn? He was ten years older than me. He'd been flirting with my mother. I was dating and loved Elijah. He made me nervous, and he mocked me but he was also very sexy with his green eyes and soft brown hair... he was beautiful...  

Suddenly, before I had time to think about it our lips touched. He laced his fingers in my hair and I grabbed his jacket pulling him closer to me. 

Swiftly, he pushed me against the wall; his hands gripped my arms holding me to him. I couldn't move and I didn't know if I cared or not.  

He brushed the tip of his tongue against my lips, enticing me to open my mouth. His mouth felt so natural against mine and I found myself grabbing the thick hair at the base of his neck. I needed him closer. He groaned against my mouth and swiftly he dragged me up the stairs.