Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Cascata Island 

Present Day

Suddenly, I was awoken by a loud banging noise. As my eyes opened I realised the room was brighter and I knew the door had been opened.  

I turned towards the door to find the figure of a man. His footsteps echoed on the hard cold ground as he walked towards me. 

I backed to the far corner of the room, wrapping my arms around myself. 

As he came closer, I realised it was Penn. His green eyes were bright in the dim light of the room. 

He came to a stop just in front of me. 

"Do you know what you've done to me?"  

I shook my head too frightened to speak. 

"You've ruined my life, that's what you've bloody done. It's you, there's something about you. You're perfect with your sexy body, your beautiful face, your amazing personality... For the last year you're all I've thought about." 

He crouched down in front of me. 

"Do you hate me after what I've done? Do you hate Elijah? He was still a part of this no matter what he's said to you. There are things about the both us that you don't know... things which would make you despise us." 

All I could do was stare at him... I was so confused... I was tired and hurt. 

"I wish I could hate you, Brenna, but I can't. I've tried not to want you, not to like you because really, none of us can save you... The queen needs your body..." 

"Just go, Penn," I said speaking for the first time. 

A weak smile appeared on his lips. He moved closer to me and reached for my arm. I jerked away from him. But it was no use; he was too quick for me... too strong. He grabbed me by the wrist pushing me down onto the hard ground.  

His strong arms pulled me under him as he lay on top of me pinning me to the floor, his hands holding my shoulders and his knees on the either side of my thighs. 

I didn't move as his eyes skimmed over my body... as his grip on my shoulders intensified. 

"Maybe all I have to do is try you once and I'll forget about you." He lowered his face closer to mine. "Elijah's one lucky man, that's for sure. I've heard you." He skimmed his lips across my cheek. "I doubt you'll like this, but I'll try not to hurt you." 

Before I could turn my face to avoid his mouth his lips were on mine. They were too rough and his tongue forced my mouth open. 

I could feel his fingers softly touching my cheek. They continued down my neck... along my arms... across my sides. 

I closed my eyes, switching off my brain, pretending I was a robot as his lips swallowed mine and his hands groped my body. 

He kissed me again and again, each time they became more and more eager.  

Tears fell from my eyes. Why was he doing this to me? 

Suddenly, he pulled back. He stared down at me, his eyes filled with both lust and confusion.  

He opened his mouth to speak but then shut it again. He stood up and crossed the room. He stopped in the doorway and looked back at me one last time.  

Then the door was closed. He was gone. I was alone in my dark prison once again.