Kyoya x Tamaki

Kyoya's POV:

I flipped and rolled around in bed, my eyes were shut but it felt like I was seeing all of the horrible things I have ever done in my life. 

All of the criticism from my father, from the others at school and my brothers. 

Always having to work three times as hard to impress that man I used to consider a father to me. Living under the massive shadow of my older brothers, always running towards the sunshine but it always seems to be hidden whenever I get close to it.

That doesn't mean I don't experience the sunshine, sometimes I am fortunate enough to find a ray of the bright light without a question. 

I owe a lot to that sunshine. 

I opened my eyes, the dark room not straining my vision. As usual, I flopped my hand over to my desk and put on my glasses. I saw the time, sighing at the time. 

3:29

Great, another sleepless night. Might as well do work...

I got up and traveled down the stairs of my room, to the little table. I opened my laptop and logged in, opening all of the homework I had done earlier that night.

Yesterday technically...

After reviewing the work I set aside my laptop, basically collapsing on the spot. I passed out without even trying to get up. 

--

It felt like two seconds later when someone was shaking me awake. I glared up at the person waking me up, fully prepared to stab them and not care. 

One of the maids was looking over me with a concerned look, I sighed and sat up whilst rubbing my eyes.

"What" I said grumpily. I felt my glasses had made an indent on the side of my face. 

"The phone sir" she passed me the phone and ran out quickly.

"Again, what" I spoke into the phone.

"Kyoya...is it okay if I come over" 

It was Tamaki. Two things shocked me as I woke up instantly. 

One, he wasn't yelling. 

Two, he wasn't talking about Haruhi. He asked if he could come over, calmly.

 "Is everything alright Tamaki" I said, getting up and walking over to my clothes and placing the phone on my shoulder and pressing it to my ear. 

"Y-Yes everything is fine." 

I frowned, dropping the clothes in my hands and standing straight with the phone.

"Alright, you can come over."

--

I got dressed quickly and freshened up after I hung up the phone. 

A soft knock sounded at my bedroom door, I walked over to it and opened it. It took everything in me not to gasp at the sight. 

Why is the sunshine so dark....

Tamaki stood there, his hands in his pockets and large bags under his eyes. His golden hair was messy and his eyes dull. He was wearing a plain grey shirt and black jeans, looking very good even though he looked like he just rolled out of bed.

Even after seeing him like this, my chest still thumped uncomfortably. 

I didn't speak as I reached out and pulled the broken male into my room, closing the door behind me.