Touka x Kaneki

This one shot is an Easter special. I really hope you enjoy reading this, WanderingAuthor7, everyone deserves a good Easter and I hope that I could make yours a bit better ^-^

Touka was running, her feet slamming over the pavement and kicking aside a tray can or two as she turned the corner. Her breath came in short huffs as she finally stopped by a small grate in the ground. 

"Get her!" 

Touka hissed in anger when she heard the voices of the people pursuing her, her fingers curling around a grate in the street and ripping it up, diving into the foul smelling opening quickly and covering it. She caught her breath, her hand pressing over her mouth and nose above the bunny mask she wore to keep the horrid stench out, that very stench making her sharp eyes water and hair start to dampen. The bluenette flinched when feet made the grate above her shudder and drip water onto her head. She took that as her cue to run, hopping from one 'dry' spot to the next without slipping. 

Touka winced as she ran, thinking of the first three places she had stopped by. Her heart started to pound for a whole new reason, her eyes closing but quickly opening again as she accidently slipped. Her hand sunk into a random pile of slime, making her sigh in annoyance. Touka got up, thinking of the words a certain white haired ghoul had told her strictly. 

"In case this all goes wrong, we'll have four meeting places to go back to. If no one is there, go onto the next meeting place, but make sure to leave a mark in the place to let others know you were there." Kaneki had told her strictly, making sure Touka was looking into his striking silver eyes the whole time. Touka had huffed, agreeing quickly. 

The 'this' they spoke of was a risky battle they had called for, attacking a part of the city they needed for both food and places for ghouls to stay. 

It had gone wrong. Very very wrong, the CCG had shown up twice as fast as the group of ghouls had anticipated. Touka didn't even know most of the ghouls that came along with them on the battle, she only knew she didn't return with any of them. It was an absolute slaughter, a mistake the ghoul's had made without even realizing it. Touka then went to the meeting places, expecting to find at least a sign that anyone had arrived to the places, but she found absolutely nothing. 

So, Touka only had the choice to run. She had gotten separated from Kaneki amidst the battle, unsure now if the white haired ghoul had even escaped. 

"No." Touka snarled to herself stubbornly, she would refuse to admit that Kaneki had gotten killed by the CCG, she despised the idea and decided it was something much more simple, like just getting separated, or Kaneki was ahead but just didn't get the chance to get to any of the other meeting places, or the idiot was staying back to help. 

Whichever way was true, Touka continued to run. She finally stopped her wobbly legs, falling back against the sewer wall and gasping for air. The ghoul stumbled around the corner, her hands closing around a gate and shaking it. Her hands fumbled with her pockets, pulling out a small key and shakily opening the lock. Touka stumbled into the much too small place, falling on her knees and coughing. The air she breathed was toxic. 

"T-Touka...?"

Touka gasped and looked up, her eyes widening behind her mask as she saw Kaneki leaning against the wall, his hand pressing over his side as he fumbled with his mask and pulled it off. 

"You're alive!" Touka hissed, relief washing through her but she wouldn't let Kaneki see that. Kaneki nodded, running a black fingernailed hand through his pale hair and nodding. Touka shot forward then, throwing aside her own mask.

Kaneki winced, looking away as he expected a punch. He jolted in shock when arms were thrown around him, and a face buried in his neck. Kaneki looked down, seeing Touka hugging him tightly. Kaneki laid his hand on Touka's back and hesitantly hugged her back. 

"You idiot!" Touka growled, "You could have died! Like everyone else!" She hissed and looked up, Kaneki putting a hand on her head to the side of her face. 

"Don't worry, I said I wouldn't go home without you right?" Kaneki said, emotion flicking through his face for just a moment before he reverted back to his normal face. Touka scowled, punching Kaneki's stomach sharply, who in turn coughed and laughed lightly. "Careful, I didn't get off so easily..." 

Touka pulled back in shock, seeing blood pooling on Kaneki's side. She gasped, her hand going to his side quickly and feeling a gash on him. "It's taking forever to heal, it was really deep" Kaneki said, coughing slightly as his spare hand rested on Touka's shoulder. Touka shook her head, biting her lip.

"Idiot, you could have died" She whispered, looking up at Kaneki, the boy she once hated with all her guts, with annoyed and tired eyes. Kaneki gave her a small smile, his hand resting on the side of her neck and over her cheek gently. 

"Yea, but I didn't" Kaneki responded and Touka rolled her eyes, looking back at Kaneki. Something slowly changed in the air.

"You could have..." Touka mumbled, "Then I wouldn't have seen you again. Idiot." 

Kaneki raised an eyebrow, "Would that be bad?"

"Yes!"

"Why?"

"W-Well you- you're obviously needed!"

"For?"

"Kaneki! You ju-"

Touka cut off, her words dying on her lips when another set pressed over hers. Kaneki's hands went around Touka's waist as he pulled her closer, stepping up to her from the wall which made him about five inches taller than the girl in front of him, which he was kissing very nervously. 

Touka's hands pressed against Kaneki's chest, doubt falling through Kaneki until Touka responded. Eyes shut, bodies pulled closer and arms held one another as the two shared a moment of pure bliss in the midst of all the horror. 

Neither of them forgot that moment, forgot how intense the kiss became, or how slow and absolutely bone shuddering it truly was. 

Kaneki pulled back first, taking back much needed air as he looked at Touka. Both of them bit their lips, a smile breaking out over the white haired ones face, a blushing scowl over the brunettes. 

"Happy Easter Touka" Kaneki whispered, pressing a soft kiss to her forehead. Touka snorted, mumbling something about holidays or how stupid Kaneki was. 

"Happy Easter Kaneki" 

It didn't turn out the best but I hope it made your day! Thanks for reading ^-^