Eruri - Soulmates

In this world, we are born with the vision of black and white. Our lives start off dull, monochrome. Leaves on the trees move and rainbows appear but nothing has color.

No one is born with the knowledge of what green or blue is, color is void.

But then how do we know color is there?

Soulmates.

When one finds their soul mate, the world blinks to color. Everything is painted with a new light.

When soulmates fall in love, the world remains that beautiful colored canvass, if soulmates reject each other the world remains colored but has a dull shine to it.

And in turn, when a soulmate dies the world becomes the sad dystopian black and white again.

Levi Ackerman was currently running errands, picking up food and other types of things to bring home to eat.

He picked up a bright red apple, its color could be blinding to anyone new to the concept of color but to Levi it was beautiful.

The gold band around Levi's finger shimmered slightly as he moved his hand back and forth, inspecting the fruit in his hands.

He knew Erwin had always loved apples, in fact red was his favorite color.

Levi in turn loved the color blue. The way it looked peaceful but could also be rageful intrigued and sparked interest in Levi.

He also loved that color because Erwin's eyes were the most stunning shade of crystal blue, they could peirce through anyone's soul if they stared long enough.

Levi's thoughts wandered to his blonde lover as he picked up a green vegetable.

He thought of when he first met him, their hands had brushed and as soon as they connected eyes, they could see the strange sensation that was color. In fact it started with eyes, then slowly bled out through the skin, hair, lips, the world becoming a new painting again.

Levi looked down at his shoes, his eyebrows frowned at the black laces as they flopped messily on the ground

He bent down, doing his laces back up safely.

Then it hit him

His laces weren't black, they had been green ones. Once one saw color they tended to wear a lot of it.

He gasped, standing quickly and looking around.

The apples were still red, bananas still yellow..

He looked back down at his shoes with a frown, maybe Erwin had changed the laces?

He then yelled out in shock as he noticed the tile floors around his feet slowly becoming soft white.

He started to panic, his heart pounding in his chest and his eyes moving around the store he was in frantically

He looked over at the contents in the cart he had and ripped open the bag of apples he had collected, picking up the reddest one

He was panicking

The fruit had splotches of sad grey spreading through it, slowly, as if it was dying

Levi threw the fruit to the floor and scrambled to take out his phone, he dialed Erwin's number with shaky hands

The phone rang

Once

Twice

Thrice

Before his world was compleatly black and white again.