56| REAL LIFE

Odessa always thought a cup of coffee never hurt no one, mainly because it was the only thing that got her through her GCSE's at school

Odessa always thought a cup of coffee never hurt no one, mainly because it was the only thing that got her through her GCSE's at school. But that was a while ago now.

She had mindlessly wandered to the nearest coffeehouse, not really caring what it was as long as it sold coffee. Scrolling through the news on snapchat, trying not to notice the headlines about her and Sebastian.

Odessa sighed, rubbing her forehead and slipped the phone into her pocket, focusing on the surroundings instead.

When she finally reached the coffee place, that her map said was only two minutes away but was a good fifteen minutes, she pushed the door open keeping her head down. That didn't do much though, she could still hear someone ask "Is that Odessa Romana?".

The voice was strange though, she could of sworn she recognised it. She was tempted to raise her head, but decided against it in case people were trying to take pictures.

"Caramel macchiato, please." Her voice cracked a little. The pressure of everything, the press, expectations... Sebastian. Odessa thought that coming back to America might do her some good, she always found running away from her problems easier.

Little did she know today she'd be running head first into them.

After paying for her drink, she moved towards the end of the counter, waiting for her order. It surprisingly didn't take that long, considering how busy the shop was.

She turned to leave, but was instantly stopped by a figure in front of her.

"Sorry, you just scared me-" Odessa started to apologise for nearly spilling her very hot drink on him, until she saw his face. "Sebastian?"

Her eyes met the blues orbs she had become so very familiar with, she could feel her own brown ones water slightly.

She actually thought that she was over everything that happened, but all it took was one look in his eyes to bring back all of the searing pain.

Odessa didn't waste another second gaping at the man before her, running out the shop, flustered and on the brink of tears.

He followed her, of course. He hadn't seen her for months, Sebastian wasn't about to let this opportunity to explain everything slip right through his fingers.

"Odessa! Wait!" Sebastian yelled, jogging after her slowly retreating figure. She looked behind her, seeing the man who had both stolen and broken her heart look helpless.

"Let me explain!"

She shook her head twice, then shouted back.

"What is there to explain? You broke my heart, and I left you. We're done."