Returning From Battle

A small black she-cat, who looked to be around 7 moons, sat at the entrance of the Thunderclan camp. Her ice blue eye were narrowed as her gaze flicked around looking, waiting. When she realized there would be no threat she opened her eyes and flicked her tail in annoyance. Why did she of all cats have to be picked to stay behind? She was just a good of fighter as her brother and sister. Why? Why was she the only one who had to stay behind.

Her ears pricked up when she heard the sound of a cat walking through the bramble wall surrounding Thunderclan. She flattened her ears and curled her lip up, but relaxed when she realized it was members from her clan, she ran towards the crowd trying to find her mother, she didn't really care about her brother and sister.

"Hey white paw!" She winced at the cruel nickname her brother and sister gave her, they had given it to her because of the single white paw she had, Sharppaw hates the paw and the nickname, she turned her head around to face her brother and sister.

"Oh, you guys didn't die."Sharppaw said sarcastically, at her siblings.

"Why would we die?" Said Mosspaw.

"Yeah, we fought hard, so we couldn't have died! And maybe Firestar will make us warriors!" Laughed Daisypaw.

Sharppaw groaned, her siblings could be the biggest mouse brains sometimes.

"Mosspaw, Daisypaw. Are you being mean to your sister again?" A black she cat said sternly as she approached the apprentices.

Sharppaw turned to her, this she cat was her mother, Shadowpelt. "Why couldn't I go fight with the others?"

"I don't know why, but I'm sure it was a for a good reason." Shadowpelt said calmly. "Why don't you go see if Cinderpelt needs help treating wounds, you have been helping her a lot lately."

Sharppaw looked away from her. "I suppose..."

Shadowpelt licked Sharppaws head. "Go on."

Sharppaw sighed and turned around, beginning to walk towards the medicine den.

Sharppaw peeked her head into the small cave, she spotted Cinderpelt rubbing a poultice into the familiar orange fur of Firestar. Sharppaw stepped inside. "Cinderpelt?"

The grey she cat turned around, her eyes widened for a second as if in shock but then relaxed her expression. "Oh! Sharppaw, what are you doing here? Are you hurt?"

Sharppaw shook her head. "No. I was just wondering if you needed some help?"

"Could you bring me some Dock, it's that green leaf over there." Cinderpelt said flicking her tail towards a crack in the stone wall.

Sharppaw walked over to the crack, she scrunched up her nose at all the scents. She quickly grabbed the leaf in between her teeth and set it down at Cinderpelt's paws.

She watched as Cinderpelt went back to tending Firestar's wounds. "So what happened at the battle? Did you defeat Tigerstar?"

Firestar let out a small chuckle. "No. It was a rouge who killed him."

"So you won right?" Sharppaw asked her eyes wide with curiosity.

"Yes, but we lost a lot of warriors." Firestar said, his voice lowering a little.

"Oh..." Sharppaw said looking down at her paws. Then her ears perked up. "Um, Firestar?"

"Yes?"

"I was wondering... why couldn't I go fight with the rest of Thunderclan?"

Firestar tensed up, as if this were a question he didn't want her to ask. His green gaze flicked down to her single white paw then back at her face. "Well, uh, you see... we needed a strong cat like you to protect the camp."

Sharppaw tilted her head to the side. She wasn't fully convinced yet, there were plenty of other cats that could have done her job, was Firestar hiding something from her? "Thank you, I just wanted to know."

"Heh, yeah, no problem."

Cinderpelt looked down at Sharppaw. "Why don't you go see what other wounds I might need to treat."

Sharppaw looked at her.

"Go on, hurry!" Cinderpelt watched her scamper off.

"She looks an awful lot like that Scourge cat." She asked.

"Yeah she does." Firestar muttered.

"Did Shadowpelt ever tell you who the father was?"

"No she didn't." Firestar looked at Cinderpelt. "You don't think..."

"Now I'm not making any accusations, I'm just saying what I think." Cinderpelt said quickly.

"I'll have a talk with Shadowpelt when I'm done here." Firestar stated.

Cinderpelt nodded her head and went back to work.