A New Path

Sharppaw's eyes blinked open, she wasn't in the apprentice den. Panicked she stood up, and looked around. She was in a forest, it seemed to be nighttime. Her fur bristled when she heard a twig snap.

"No need to be scared, I'm not going to kill you." a low voice grumbled.

Sharppaw spun around, seeing a muscular brown tabby tom standing before her. "Wh-who are you?" She asked a little scared.

The tom laughed "You don't recognize me?"

Sharppaw studied him. Tigerstar? Wasn't he the cat that Scourge killed? "I've heard of you." She said a calm tone. "Where am I?' She was curious this obviously wasn't Starclan was it?

"Welcome to the place we like to call, The Dark Forest." He mewled.

"The Dark Forest, so you're like some version of Starclan?" She snorted.

Tigerstar gave an annoyed sigh. "Yeah something like that," he shifted his paws "Anyways I have a message for you from your father."

"Why couldn't he tell me himself?"

Tigerstar ignored her. "He told me that you should go to the third twoleg den from the start of the path, once you reach there the twolegs should take you in."

"Why, I'm not a kittypet!" She spat.

"You sure do look like one."

Sharppaw growled. "I do not-"

"Okay, he told me it was your destiny or something." He rumbled.

"Destiny! It's my destiny to be a kittypet!" She was furious.

"Don't ask me I did my job." He said slowly.

"My destiny!" She complained. When she looked up Tigerstar was gone and The Dark Forest was fading. "Wait! Don't go!"

She awoke shivering, she was sprawled out in her moss bedding. She looked around at the sleeping apprentices, wondering if she should go. It's not like they would miss her anyways, and her mother could do without her.

She padded out of the den silently, and headed toward the twoleg place. She walked to the start of the path that separated the forest from the twoleg dens. She walked past the first one, then the second one, and finally the third one. She jumped over the fence and scratched on the back door.

The door opened and a twoleg kit stepped out. The twoleg let out a sharp yowl of excitement, and picked Sharppaw up, and carried her inside. This was her life now, a new kittypet.