The Gathering

Sharppaw awoke to the sun shining in her eyes, it has been half a moon since Daisyheart and Mossfur became warriors, and Sharppaw still was trying to prove she could be just like them.The conversation with Scourge had slipped from her thoughts many sunrises ago, she didn't believe any of the stuff he said, except for the part about Scourge being her father, it would be quite mouse brained of her not to believe that.

She stood up and stretched and padded out of the den towards the center of the camp, everyone was giving her uneasy looks. It has been a moon since the battle between all four clans and Bloodclan, everyone thought that she was going to lunge out and attack, due to her looking like her so called father. But she didn't really mind the looks, at least she wasn't invisible anymore.

She began to groom herself swiping her white paw over her ear. She groomed in silence when she finished, Firestar called a meeting to pick the cats to go to the gathering .

"The cats I have chosen to accompany me are, Daisyheart, Mossfur, Sharppaw, Graystripe, Bramblepaw, and Cinderpelt." Sharppaw looked up in astonishment, she finally got picked to go to the gathering. She bounded happily towards the apprentice den to tell Bramblepaw, one of the only cats that ever talked to her.

"Bramblepaw! Wake up!" Bramblepaw stirred but didn't wake up,"Come on you and I have been chosen to go the gathering!"

He flickered his eyes open and sprang to his paws. "Great! I can see Tawnypaw if she's going!" He bounded out of the den.

Sharppaw purred in amusement and lifted up the moss in which she had hidden the dog tooth. She played with it and finally fell asleep.

She awoke when Firestar let out a yowl symbolizing that it was time to go, Sharppaw padded out of the den and into the group of cats. She stood next to Bramblepaw and waited until Firestar gave the go ahead.

When they arrived she could tell some of the cats were giving her nasty looks. Bramblepaw noticed it too. "Don't pay attention to them."

She nodded her head and sat alone, watching as the other cats greeted their friends, she sighed and looked down wishing she had friends like that.

Just then a silver tabby padded next to her, "Hello." she greeted.

"Um, hello," Sharppaw said in a shaky tone, this kind of interactment was strange for her. Nobody, and she means nobody, started a conversation with her.

"What's your name?"

"Sharppaw."

"Mines Featherpaw," She said in a kind tone, Featherpaw wasn't that one of Graystripe's kits names?

"Uh, are you Graystripe's kit?"

"Yes." Featherpaw laughed, just then the leaders called a gathering. Sharppaw sat with her Clanmates and sat silently. Leopardstar was first to speak.

"Riverclan is recovering well after the battle, and we are mourning the loss of Stonefur." She dipped her head so did another cat on the other side of the clearing "But as you may have heard we have a new deputy, her name is Mistyfoot." There were mews of praise from the crowd. Leopardstar signaled that it was Firestar's turn to speak.

"We are recovering well from battle, we are also proud to welcome our new deputy Graystripe." Graystripe puffed out his chest with pride,"We also have two new warriors, Daisyheart and Mossfur."

Sharppaw lowered her head and tuned out the world. She didn't hear what Tallstar or Blackstar had said.

She looked up when Bramblepaw prodded her shoulder "Come on we're leaving!" She stood up and followed her clan, back to the camp, back to being looked at with fear.