Picking Up The Pieces

It had been two moons since Sharppaw moved in with the twolegs. Honestly they weren't to bad, she had made friends with a tom named Smudge and a she cat name Princess. They were both nice to her and always asked for stories about living in the forest. Sharppaw had also gotten a collar, although the bell on the end sort of annoyed her.

She would also always get these uneasy glances from ll the other kittypets, because they thought that she was Scourge.

Sharppaw walked through the cat door leading to the small garden behind the twoleg den. She hopped over the fence and into Princess's garden. She halted when she smelled a new scent, she crept along the bushes and looked at who Princess was talking too.

It was Firestar and Cloudtail! Sharppaws fur bristled, if Princess told them about her she was sure done for. She unsheathed her claws and crept silently, until she stepped on a branch causing it to snap.

"Fox-dung!" She said silently, as Firestar's gaze traveled over to the bush.

"I'm going to go check something." He walked slowly over to the bush, he peered in to see what was inside. That's when Sharppaw jumped out pinning Firestar to the ground. "Sharppaw!?" There was surprise and confusion in his voice.

Sharppaw growled and glared at Cloudtail, who was standing there in shock. Sharppaw realized what she had done and jumped off of Firestar. Firestar stood up and shook his fiery orange pelt, he stared at her.

"I'm so sorry Firestar!" She stepped forward and Firestar took a step back and snarled.

"I was right, you're just like your father! I never should have let you or Shadowpelt back into Thunderclan!" He drew his lips back "And don't say you're sorry, you did that on purpose!"

Sharppaw had a burning sensation in her pelt, she was more angry than she ever was before. She narrowed her eyes into slits and then widened them as she heard a voice. Do it kill him, and Cloudtail! She lashed her tail as Tigerstar's voice echoed through her head. She grinned and lunged at Firestar, digging her claws into his pelt. He yelped in pain but still fought, Princess had ran inside avoiding the fight. Firestar managed to push Sharppaw off of him.

"Come on fight, me!" Sharppaw challenged, "I don't care if you kill me! You killed my father easily so why not me!" Just as she said that Firestar jumped forward landing on her back, Sharppaw squirmed and wriggled under Firestar's weight. Then he spoke.

"Sharppaw, I strip you of your apprentice name," Sharppaws eyes widened "You have attacked a clan leader trying to murder him, and ran away from the clan!"

She stared at him with shock, so this is how it was going to be. She narrowed her eyes and pushed him off her. He stood up his shoulder was still bleeding. "Fine!" She called after him "Then if I can't be a warrior then I will just have to change my name!"

Firestar glanced back waiting for her to say her new name. "You can call me Fang!" She grinned.