The Hunting Party

Fang was laying in a small patch of sun inside the alley. She was hungry and hoping the warmth would take her mind off it, she looked down at her grimy flank, she could almost see her ribs.

"Fang."

Fang snapped her head forward to see Bark. "What."

"We are going out hunting, do you want to come?"

Fang sighed. "Sure why not."

After a few minutes Fang was back in the forest. Her mood suddenly turned good as the fresh scent of the trees hit her nose she closed her eyes, it was nice, unlike the smoggy air in the alleyway. Fang's eyes opened quickly, she had caught the familiar scent of a rabbit.

She looked around quickly for that rabbit, her mouth salivating at the thought of catching and eating it.There was rustle in the brush, and the small gray shape of the animal hopped out. Fang dashed after it. The chase went on for quite a while before Fang skidded to a halt. The rabbit passed the Thunderclan border.

"What are you waiting for!" Bark shouted.

Then Fang felt something, she didn't know how to explain it but it felt like release. She didn't hesitate before dashing across the border spotting the rabbit once more, she sprang forward. Just as she felt her jaws clamp around the neck of the rabbit a strong force hit her side.

She stumbled back a few paces the rabbit still in her jaws, she shook her head and looked up to see a familiar tabby.

"Bramblepaw." She said in a low hiss.

"You." He said coldly.

Fang dropped the rabbit and began to circle the tom. "Isn't it nice to see you again."

"Give me the rabbit." He demanded.

"Why should I? I found it."

Bramblepaw's amber gaze followed her as she continued circling him. "It was on Thunderclan territory."

"It's Greenleaf there's plenty of prey."

"Do you really think I'd let a traitor like you go running off with Thunderclan prey."

"Traitor!" Fang said in fake shock. "Is that what you think I am?"

"Firestar told us what you did." Bramblepaw began. "And if you remember what you did I would classify that as betrayal."

Out of the corner of her eye she saw Bark and the rest of the hunting party arrive. "Now listen up Bramblepaw. I want you to forget all of this, and I want you to go back to your little clan. Got it."

"I don't take orders from you."

She let out a frustrated sigh. "Okay, Bramblepaw, we used to be friends. So I don't want to hurt you, but right now, you leave no choice."

"Go ahead, hurt me, see what happens." Bramblepaw taunted.

"Fine." Fang unsheathed her claws and raised her paw, with a quick swipe she landed a blow on Bramblepaw's muzzle.

A few moments after that at least three other Thunderclan cats lept out from bushes.

The Bloodclan cats rushed to Fang's side.

"Leave." One of the Thunderclan cats said.

Fang narrowed her eyes, and signaled for the Bloodclan cats not to attack, she had seen them fight. They would not beat the warriors.

"I'll leave, but I'm taking my rabbit." Fang said, turning around and scooping the dead rabbit in her jaws.

The Thunderclan warrior said nothing as they watched Fang and her patrol leave.