13 ~ Lexa

Imagine you and Lexa are both NightBloods and go into the conclave. Lexa thinks you're dead at some point but you are reunited when she finds you in the woods after she's won.
××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

You held Lexa's hand tightly as you both laid on the forest floor, staring up at the stars. You are both NightBloods, giving you the fate of having to fight in the conclave to become the next Heda.

Either one of your died, both of you died, or you both lived and had to fight one another. You didn't want that, you couldn't bear to kill Lexa, to see the life just fade from her eyes.

Lexa felt the same. She'd be crushed if she was the cause of your death. She wouldn't drop from the position of Heda the minute you dropped to the floor, dead at the hands of her if it came to it.

"Lexa, I don't think I can do it." You whispered in a hoarse voice, a tear slipping from your eye and down the side of your face.

Lexa proper her elbow up to lean her weight on to get a better look at you as she wiped the tear. "Hey, you can do it. You will. I'll be with you."

"No you won't. I don't want to fight you. I don't want any of this." You sat on your elbow as well, beginning to get emotional.

"I wish we could just do this every night for the rest of our lives. Just be together without having to train to kill all the people we've known our whole lives." Lexa pulled your body closer to her and leant her forehead against yours.

"It is our fate and we must welcome it. I'd rather die than kill them, but we have no choice." You held her other hand as you stared into each other's eyes.

"I'd rather die than fight you. I'd kill anyone if that meant keeping you alive. I'd do anything for you." Lexa swore, sealing it with a kiss.

You rolled onto the ground. Lexa laid on top of you as the kiss continued, drawing your tongue across her bottom lip before sliding it into her mouth. Lexa began shrugging the sleeves of your shirt off and only breaking the kiss to bring it over your head.

You looked at each other, panting as your fingers ran along the hem of Lexa's shirt. "I love you." You whispered, pulling Lexa's shirt over her head and gripping the back of her neck.

"I love you too, always and forever." She breathed before pressing your lips together once more.

×××

You woke on the forest floor, in Lexa's arms with only the blanket you'd brought in case of getting cold wrapped around your naked bodies.

Today was the day of the conclave and you needed to be dressed and readied for the event. You shook Lexa's shoulder slightly, causing her to wake with a jolt.

She looked down at you, a small smile appearing on her face as she leant down to kiss you sweetly.

Pulling back, she noticed the sad look on your face instead of a usual happy one that was there after such events during the night.

"I'll visit you before we have to leave. We shall spend our last moments together." Lexa promised. She discarded the blanket from your bare bodies and began putting on her clothes. You followed and soon began walking back to the market.

Once at the entrance you let go of her hand and turned to her. Lexa gave you a small smiled as you kissed her cheek and left her at the gate.

Hours later the conclave was about to begin and you were in panic. You couldn't handle the thought that you were minutes from killing or getting killed by people you'd known all your life.

Lexa came through the tent flaps a moment later, making you gawk. Her face was covered in war paint, as was yours. She was dressed in light armor thay made her look tough, strong. Like she could win.

"You look amazing." You said, eyeing Lexa carefully.

"You look even better." She said before walking forward and pulling you into her arms.

This embrace was different from the ones you'd given to each other. It was a goodbye embrace, the last you'd ever give each other.

"Lexa I-" you were going to say it, but Lexa stopped you with her lips.

If it was possible to feel the amount of love and care someone put into a kiss, that's what you'd feel right now. Lexa gripped your face as your kept yours around her waist, savoring your last moment of love together.

Lexa pulled away and wiped a tear with her thumb from your eye. "Don't cry, we'll be together again." Lexa sniffled and gave you a sad smile.

She held her emotions in, but at a time like this there was no stopping them. You gave her one sweet kiss, leaving your lips lingering on hers before taking her hand and leading her out of the tent.

×××

You both stood with the other NightBloods, hiding your intertwined hands behind your bodies that were side by side.

Lexa squeezed your hand as you shook slightly in fear. You really wished you were born with red blood instead of black.

"The conclave will begin. Each NightBlood will be put in the stadium to fight each other all at once. The one who survives will be the new commander. By name we will call, by arm down the fight will begin." Titus spoke loud and clear. There were no rules, only killing everyone but yourself that stood in the arena.

Titus came down the line slowly, making Lexa and you union hands and stand a foot apart. His eyes grazed passed the both of you before continuing on.

Anxiety was racing through your vein, doubt in your mind and death waiting ahead. You couldn't do it, you wouldn't do it. It seemed like someone else had the same idea.

Luna was her name. The girl with curly red hair and by far one of the best. You fear her in a way. You knew she was strong, possibly stronger than Lexa. Stronger than you.

You kissed Lexa's cheek when no one was looking as everyone went into a straight line. You saw Luna dissappear behind a corner and decided to follow slowmy as everyone began to go into the arena.

×××

You smile at and cried in the forest, thinking of how you were going to live with yourself. Lexa was dead, you had a gut feeling. You left her alone in that arena like a coward.

It was only after a few hours you heard your name being desperately called. "Y/N!!!"

Lexa. You stood up and saw Lexa's bloody, tatered body and sprinted for her. You jumped up and she caught you in her arms, spinning you around.

"You're alive." You both whispered into each other's ears.

"I thought you were dead." Lexa panted, looking into your eyes.

"I thought you were too."

"Why did you run?" She asked.

"I was a coward, I didn't want to fight and I didn't want to die. Not that way." You admitted.

"Well, I can't make that a rule, but I'll.make sure that your are welcomed back." Lexa promised, a smile appearing.

"What?" You were confused, only for a moment when you realized. She was alive, the only one alive. She was the new Heda.

"Oh my god, Lexa." You lunged forward to kiss her. She accepted and pulled you close.

"I love you." You said against your pressed lips.

"I love you." Lexa whispered.

×××

I got a little carried away with this imagine, thank you to whoever requested this. This turned into a chapter of a book like jeez. But I like the way it turned out :) extra long imagine for the extra long wait