14 ~ Lexa

Imagine being old friends with Lexa and are in love with her, but she was too blinded by her love for Costia to see and you decide to leave. A while after Costia's death you come back, still with feelings for Lexa and decide to admit them to her.
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

Your horse gallops through the gates of Trikru and you watch as people bow to you. You were known as a special friend of Lexa's, and as the Commander of one of the twelve clans.

You dropped from your horse to see Lexa with a smile on her face as you approached her. You grasped each other's forearms and nodded as a hello.

"Glad to see you again, Y/N"

"Likewise, Heda." You nodded.

Lexa turns and walked forward, leasing you and other warriors into the large tower.

You and Lexa had known each other since a young age as NightBloods. Both of you were from different clans so you never got to see each other as often as you liked once you both won the title of Heda.

Something burned inside of you that also made you stay away from Lexa; your feelings. Lexa had been with a girl named Costia, when you had realized the certain feelings you held for her.

It was then on that you decided that you leave them alone and run your clan and train the warriors. Many battles had been face by you and your people but you'd always come out at the the stronger ones.

Lexa lead you to the headquaters and rested in her throne made of thorns, branches, fur pelts of sorts. It was magnificent.

"Why have you visited Trikru? Though your unexpected entrance is welcomed." Lexa said.

"Decided to visit an old friend I hadn't seen in a while." You said, smirking at Lexa.

"Well, it's a pleasure to have you here." Lexa nodded, keeping a smile from rising. She'd missed you dearly, she just didn't want to admit it.

"Where's Costia? It's been so long since I've seen her." You asked. You needed to be polite even if you were jealous of Costia.

Lexa was silent. "She...passed months after you left." Your heart sank. You weren't there for Lexa when Costia passed.

"Lexa I--" you went to hug her, but knew it was inappropriate for the commander to show any affection right in this moment of weakness, even if it was friendship.

You kept quiet and just gave her a look. She nodded and extended her arm to the door. "The elders and I have a meeting. If you don't mind." Lexa said.

"Not at all." You left the door and closed the door lightly.

You put your back to it, breathing heavily. Feelings came flooding back and with an unwelcoming. You came to visit, not to restore any feelings.

×××

You had explored the tower of Polis before finding yourself in her room. Her bed was covered with fur pelts and the was warmed by the fire burning by the balcony.

You found comfort when looking out towards the trees, seeing miles of green and the sky blending with colours. The sun was setting and letting off a pretty setting in Lexa's room.

Her door opened and she entered with a smile. You turned and did a small run to her and into her arms. She hugged you tight and kept the smile to her face.

"I've missed you so much." Lexa said truthfully.

"I'm sorry, for leaving and for not being there when Costia passed--" You were shushed from your rambling by Lexa's finger in front of your face.

"It's in the past. Forgotten.  But I do have a question." Lexa said. You listened.

She cleared her throat. "Why did you leave?"

Now that was the million dollar question, wasn't it.

You didn't want to admit your feelings, but you couldn't lie to her. Not now after returning once again. The truth was better than a lie.

"I loved you Lexa." You were straight to the point. "You were with Costia and I knew my feelings were going to be rejected from the start. The only way I thought to be rid of them was to get as far away from you as possible." Lexa held you hand as she listened, sending war feelings through your body.

"But I guess it didn't work." You mumbled, loud enough for her to hear.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"I still love you, I guess. You were always on my mind. I tried to distract it with finding another love, but it wasn't possible." You finished.

You leant forward and quickly captured her lips. You retreated as soon as you'd came, your cheeks flushed in embarrassment.

Lexa looked at you sadly, touching her lips with her finger before speaking. "I apologize for not noticing your feelings, and I apologize again for not feeling the same way." There was a crack in your heart.

"But that doesn't mean it couldn't happen." Lexa said, giving you the smallest amount of hope.

"Please don't pressure yourself into liking me like that. I want it to be real, not just because you pity me." You said.

"Only time will tell. And if it does happen it will be real. I promise. But from now on, please stay. You've been away too long." Lexa smiled.

"Of course. Anything for you." The two of you hugged and began to catch up. You still felt the flutter in your heart, but ignored it and focused on your feltriendship with her.

×××

Not all stories have happy endings my friends. Well, this was happy just not lovey doveY like the rest. Sorry for the lack if imagines, I've just been writing alot on my other account for original stories (butterflybisexual if you wanna check it out, I'll be posting stories there soon) and have a little bit of writers block. But I'm back :)