15 ~ Lexa

Imagine it's your wedding day, one of the first commander weddings to ever take place (this is Part one! There'll be a second part next)
×××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××××

You stood nervously, playing with the promise ring on your right pointer finger. You'd soon have another ring on your finger and were more than excited.

It's was an emotional talk by the fire with Lexa that lead to this moment.

"What are you going to do when there's peace within the clans. I mean, that is your main goal, correct?" You asked as you and Lexa sat by the fire.

You sat between your legs with your back against her stomach and head on her collar bone. You held one of her hands while the other stabled her.

"I'm not sure. There will be other duties as a commander to fulfill, but I know I'll be able to lay in bed with you without having to think I'll wake up to you dead next to me in the morning." You eyes widened at the honest answer she gave.

You sat up from your position and turned to her. You knew this was about something bigger than just a thought. She was thinking about Costia. Her first love that died as soon as she admitted her feelings, or so she told you.

She didn't like to talked about that time, but at some points she'd bring up Costia and something she did. You knew she was special to Lexa.

"Don't ever think that. I'm not going anywhere. I'll never leave you and I'll definitely be waking up every morning." You saw the stray tear on the side of Lexa's cheek and wiped it away.

Keeping your hand on her cheek you leant in and kisses her chapped lips. Lexa wrapped an arm around your waist and pulled you closer, making you straddle her.

Thankful for the giant fur pelt carpet by the fire, you made Lexa lie on her back. You discarded your top and continued.

It was the middle of the night when you two laid together under sheets that wasn't remembered by either of you how they got there. You still laid on the carpet and just looked at each other.

"I have something for you." Lexa said quietly, reaching blindly behind her and pulled out a little ring with a gem inside it.

You took it from her fingers and took a good look at it. A wide grin formed as you looked at her. "Is this... no way."

Lexa laughed. She laughed. This night was full of surprises. She nodded her head and took the ring back.

"I can't exactly get on my knees," Lexa looked down at herself in the sheets and made you chuckle.

"I wouldn't mind." You smirked.

Lexa shook her head. "Days go by and people die and I'd rather not live in regret when that day comes for the both of us. I love you Y/N, and I want to marry you.
So will you marry me?"

You held your hand our and Lexa out the ring on your finger. "Of course I will."

This was one of the greatest nights of your life. The best was about to happen right now. You were dressed in a light coloured dress, long sleeved and make up ran around your face. Your hair was made of assorted braids and twists, the rest left down and as it was.

You walked yourself to the door where you were about to see Lexa, your future wife. Titus stood next to you.

"You look beautiful, Y/N. Ik glad I was apart of this day." You smiled at Titus.

"Thank you Titus." You said just as the doors opened.

You spotted Lexa instantly. She stood waiting for you. She wore a black dress, almost exactly like yours. Her face was clear of the usual black war paint she wore. Her hair was in its regular style but a few strands were pulled in front of her face.

You walked, Titus behind you. The elders, NightBloods and even Most from Skaicru were watching. You had no idea who Lexa had invited, but you were happy.

You reached Lexa, seeing her look you up and down you took in her appearance as well. She looked beautiful.

"Lexa..." You started to speak but she smiled at you and took your hands.

Titus stood infront of you and rose his hands. "I myself am glad I could be alive to witness the first ever wedding involving the Commander."

"Heda, you have specific words you'd like to express to Y/N." Titus revealed.

Lexa cleared her throat and looked into your eyes. "Someone I cared about once died before I could express how I really felt. I don't want that to happen to you. There will come a day where I will die and where you will die. I want our love to be eternal before that happens. My goal is for the clans to have peace before my soul chose the next commander, but for that to happen I need someone's help to in force it. I'd like that to be you. I, I love you Y/N, and being the commander of 12 clans is a huge responsibility. I need you by my side to help me. I promise to protect you with every ounce of power I have."

Lexa finished and tears fell profoundly from your eyes. You released you hand from hers to wipe your face. You hated crying in front of others.

"Y/N, is there anything you'd like to say?" Titus asked.

"You bet your ass I do." You heard a few from Skaicru laugh.

"I feel honoured to be the other half of the first commander wedding. It just shows how strong you are, to show you self to areal these people. You aren't just a tough commander with amazing fighting skills, you have emotions and feeling and make most decisions with your heart more than you'd like to admit. I see in your eyes the pain you feel when someone innocent is killed. I promise you support your every decision, even if it means you might not come back. I'll protect you and be the one to love you more than anyone as long as we live. I love you Lexa, and I'll continue to for eternity." The words spilling from your mouth were ones you'd want to say for a long time.

"Leksa Kom Trikru, do you take Y/N Y/L/N as your beloved?" Titus asked.

"Yes." Lexa sniffled.

"Y/N Y/L/N, do you take Leksa Kom Trikru as your beloved?"

"Yes." You shook your conjoined hands. Lexa put the ring on your finger and gave you hers. You out it on her finger and looked back at her.

"I believe that is all. You may seal your love." Titus says.

You pulled each other forward and connected your lips. Claps were sounded as well as a few hoots. You smiled against her lips and wrapped yourself in her embrace.

This. This moment was one you'd remember for the rest of your life.

×××

I REPEAT, THIS IS PART ONE! My thumbs would have fallen off by the time I fit in the rest so I'll write the rest in another part. This was an emotional part that I'd rather separate from the other if you know what I mean ;) (if you don't, smut my friend, that's what's next in Part Two)

I had a really happy time writing this, hope this was happy for you to read haha