19)The Devil's Offer

"The Devil Within" by Digital Daggers

I'm not going to lie, I think I'm only posting so many gifs because I have a crush on Bill Skarsgard. xD
Happy Reading!
************************

Cami watched Kohl silently for a few moments as he released another inhuman growl towards the crocodile. Strangely, the beast seemed to be very hesitant to attempt stepping further. It now seemed to be afraid of Kohl given the sounds he was making; as if one predator was warned off of prey by another.

"PUT THE SLAVE DOWN!" Anet shouted in Arabic.

Cami was certain Kohl could not understand her words given the language difference. She was wrong. Rolling his eyes, his cold stare towards Anet's direction caused Cami to shudder. To her horror, Kohl began setting her back down on the floor. This wasn't right. The second he did such a thing or simply left her, Cami would be right back to where she was earlier with nearly being a crocodile monster's dinner. "Please don't leave me," Cami cried, terrified at the thought of being alone with Anet and her pet croc. She was also certain the goddess's rough kicks cracked a rib or two. She could barely move without wheezing in pain. It wasn't until he put her down that she felt the painful ache in her stomach.

"I feel this is the very first time you are happy to see me, Camilla," Kohl smiled wickedly, his hands landing of her shoulders. He seemed to be intentionally rubbing the black spots of the makeup that signaled no man other than Set was allowed to touch her. Cami didn't quite care. This particular monster just happened to be better than the ones she had been with the past month.

"Did you open your legs to this man as well, slave?" Anet rasped, stalking closer.

It was feeling so very frightened propelled Cami into scampering behind Kohl to block herself from both the animal and the crazy Anet. "Aren't you going to introduce me to your friend, Camilla?" Kohl laughed in English, watching Anet with a certain gleam to his pretty eyes.

Was it wrong just how much she enjoyed hearing her name being spoken from his lips? Perhaps it was. Still, Cami was actually silently relishing someone branding her with an identifier that wasn't slave or whore. "She'll k-k-ill y-you..." Cami whispered, frightened at the prospect of the only person in this room fighting for her to die. Once he was gone, she had no doubt Anet would continue attempting to feed her to a crocodile.

As he turned around, Kohl looked rather unaffected by her words as he smiled broadly at Cami. "I really do enjoy your delicate fingers digging into my waist, love. Especially when you are dressed in such a revealing way..." he grinned cheekily.

Cami was repulsed he could resort to flirty ways when there was both a crocodile monster and an angry Egyptian goddess in the same room at once. Even though Kohl seemed to strangely scare the beastly animal, he couldn't possibly take on both a goddess and a monster at the same time. "Did y-you not hear m-me...?" Cami stuttered.

"I did..." Kohl yawned, causing Cami to smell the peppermint and nicotine on him. "I just always have a plan at the ready to get what I want."

What was it he wanted? Cami couldn't even find it in herself to ask as Anet was stalking forward to pounce during the entire small exchange between the two. No elaboration was made as Kohl waited around for seemingly nothing in particular. "I must say Cami; you are not looking your grandest. Don't get me wrong; I truly approve of the outfit or lack of, but I prefer you with more meat on your bones..." he prattled off, next commenting about the ridiculous Hieroglyphics on her arms naming her Set's toy. As soon as Anet had finally moved too close for comfort, Kohl acted swiftly. He roughly kicked the goddess with force towards the direction of the waiting crocodile. He kicked her as easily as a human would kick a soccer ball. A ferocious snapping noise was heard next as the monster animal grabbed ahold of the goddess's right arm and started roughly spinning while it was still in its mouth. This seemed to be a death roll. Anet screamed in agony before Kohl gave a lazy roll of his hand that automatically silenced her. He next threw his arm over Cami's shoulder and purposely escorted her away just as the noise of flesh ripping and bone breaking sounded.