-The Necklace-

The necklace.

That necklace Despair gave you back then still lingered on your body. Still was attached to your neck as a symbolic representation of your new hope. You still felt the cold metal around your neck.

The necklace represented way more than just his feelings, it represented you relationship with him and new relationship with William and the hope.

Despair was red, William was blue.

Red. The color of suffering and evil.

Blue. The color of compassion and love.

The blue necklace crystal shinned in the in the pale moonlight. Looking at the clock on William's nightstand the time read '3:05'.

While William slept you got up and walked to the mirror, staring at it around your neck. After all this time you still questioned why you wore it or even kept it.
You didn't physically feel different but felt mentally different. The memories with Despair flooded your mind, you regret him. You don't want to remember him at all but you can never forget.

"(Y/n)?"

"W-William? You are awake at this hour?"

"I should be asking you that (y/n)."

You hear the bed creak and footsteps as  William walked towards your figure, looking in the mirror also.

"What is wrong... (Y/n)?"

"The necklace again."

He knew what it ment, before you guys started dating he was your friend, scratch that bestfriend that you told everything to. He knew your regret and fear. He knows it all.

"What if h---"

"He won't come back." William interrupts

"You promise?"

He was hesitant at the fact you asked for such a promise. He himself didn't know the true answer. A promise like that was difficult to know all on its own.

"I promise (y/n). Please don't be scared anymore." He gave you a hug from behind as you lightly chuckled at his loving actions.

"Alright Will, I won't be. I promise ." You gave him a assuring smile and he smiled back. His blue eyes that matched the necklace went into a soft expression as he guided you back to the bed.

---