▪ 6 ▪

Logans POV

I don't know why Luke had such a mad look on his face. He acts like he wants me to be happy but when I am he gets all pissy.

I quickly dragged Nate up to my room and we just sat on my bed smiling like dorks. No I don't like him like that.

"Sadie said you and Mara got back together." His eyes snapped to mine.

"Yeah, a couple days ago." He said slowly.

"Well I'm happy for you!" I said even though he knew I was lieing.

I hated it when Nate had a girlfriend or when Sadie had a boyfriend. Of course I was happy for them but my annoying dad has to make a big deal about me dating.

Because yay me! My dad runs a gang!

I don't think anyone likes me that way because I'm the gang leaders daughter. And if they mess up he'll hunt them down.

Which is partially true but not the point. "Lego!" I quickly payed attention to my best friend.

"Yeah?" I asked. 

"I said, what's up with that guy downstairs." He asked.

"Oh Luke?" I asked. He nodded. "I don't know, he's..." I paused trying to look for the right words.

"Protective?" He asked.

I shook my head. "He's crushing but he's not allowed to." Nate knew the rules and since he stayed away from gang stuff he thought they were fair.

It amazed me at how someone like Nate can hang out with someone like me and not care about my home life, and not get involved.

I was thankful for that. Then the other part of me was filled with guilt because as soon as Sadie and I started being friends my dad had a thing for her mom.

Which brought her into this mess too!

I really shouldn't talk about my life like this. It wasn't a mess, it was just not your typical home life. It was my future.

"Logan." Luke said opening my door.

"God were you raised in a barn!? There's something called knocking." I yelled. His face was surprised and then went back to a bored look.

"Your dad needs you, downstairs." Luke said quietly.

I nodded and waved him off. I glanced at Nate mumbling an 'I'll be right back' before bolting downstairs.

Sadie was standing downstairs with her mom and I instantly went over to hug her while my dad was hugging her mom.

My dad's such a sap for Juliet, it was disgusting. He just saw her not that long ago but he acts like it's been years.

"C'mon Nate's already here." I pulled her upstairs as Juliet and my dad made small talk.

"Okay I know I come to your house all the time but there are some hot guys down there." She smirked as we got into my room.

"Hey sadness." Nate smirked. He's been calling Sadie sadness from the movie Inside Out since it came out.

"Hey." She gave him a hug and continued rambling about the guys downstairs.

"So, do you like any of them?" She asked.

I shook my head. "Not really."

Her eyes widened, "none of them!?"

"No?" I shrugged.

"I think your lieing to make your dad happy." She crossed her arms.

"If I'm going to become the leader in need to follow the rules." I reasoned.

"Pft!" She laughed. "Who else would your dad pick!?" She asked.

I shrugged, if my dad were to pick someone else he would've done it already. He's just waiting for me to become 18 so he can step down.

"Are you sure you're ready for that?" Nate asked.

I gave him a weird look "of course I am!"

"Well I was just wondering. I mean couldn't you tell your dad you don't want it?" He asked.

I shook my head slowly. "No, my dad expects me to take his place."

"But what if that's not what you want?"

What if it wasn't?

A\N
I updated for all you lovely readers that seem to like my book! Picture of Sadie above ^^^^ keep voting and don't forget to comment
Thanks for the support guys 😘
Cass 💕