▪ 12 ▪

Luke's POV

I couldn't figure out what to say to Logan. All I wanted to was kiss her but I was afraid of getting rejected again.

"I have to go." Is all I told her before I got up and almost ran to my 'office'.

I got inside and slammed the door knowing Owen would be annoyed and eventually hunt me down.

I was trying to clear my head and get work done when there was a soft knock on the door.

I got up and answered knowing it wouldn't be Owen. I opened the door halfway and was surprised to see Logan.

"Luke... I need to talk to you." She said softly.

I paused before waving her inside, "What's up?" I tried to ask casually.

"My dad doesn't think I'm up to run the gang.." she paused, "and I don't think I am either. "

I was shocked, since I've know Logan she's never seemed hesitant to run the gang, she's been shadowing her dad for years.

"Why?" I asked sitting down in the black leather chair that was on the other side of my desk.

She sat down too and ran her hand through her bleach blonde hair. "Because I don't want to end up like my mother."

I didn't know how to respond, she never talks about her mom. No one does. "What do you mean?" I asked.

She looked at me with hard eyes. "She wasn't even the leader but this shit drove her insane!" Her voice was rising with each word. "Now I'm about to be leader and I'm gonna end up the same way!"

I stood up and moved towards her. "Logan, you can handle this." I reassured her.

"But what if I can't?" She looked at me with big, sad eyes. Pleaded for an escape. I've only seen that look 1 other time..

A tear fell down her cheek and that was only a preview of what was about to come.

Logan stood up ready to leave before I saw her cry, but she didn't make it very far before she almost fell to the ground in sobs. I quickly grabbed her forearms to hold her up and pulled her close to me.

"Logan, Logan, I'm here baby talk to me." Everything paused after I spoke.

She looked up from our awkward hug. "D-did you just call me baby?"

I half smiled, "yeah... sorry."

She shook her head, "It's fine." She pulled me closer and we just stood in the middle of the room in a hug.

"What the hell?" We both pulled apart at the sound of Owen's voice.

"Daddy?" Logan looked shocked.

Owen scanned Logans puffy eyes and chapped lips and then looked at me with a glare I'd never seen before.

"What the hell happened here Luke?"

I instinctively raised my hands in the air, "she just needed someone to talk to sir."

"That looked more like hugging than talking Lucas." Owen shoved his finger at my chest.

"Dad stop!" Logan yelled.

Owen was like a dog when it came to Logan and she knew that. Owen slowly lowered his finger and crossed his arms.

"Luke you know the rules."

"I'm aware sir, but-"

"No! Rules are rules, Logan needs to worry about going to college not boys." Owen snapped.

"Dad I'm not going to college I'm running the gang!" Logan shot back.

"Logan-" I tried to butt in but Owen was way ahead of me.

"Logan we've talked about this! You are not running the gang!" Owen yelled.

It looked like Logan had never been yelled at like that in her life. She became in introvert within 15 seconds and her bottom lip quivered.

"You're a dick." She spit before leaving the room.

A\N

Hey lovely readers!! I'm back!! I hope this chapter fulfilled your reading urges XD a little bit longer chapter! Hopefully I'll be updating more often :)
Thanks guys
Cass ❤