23

Luke's POV

Important A/N at the end please read!

Watching her walk up to the house was so difficult. I wanted to run after her, tell her I was sorry, anything.

But of course I didn't, so of course I look like a complete asshole. I return back to the restaurant and see James with a satisfied smirk stuck to his face.

"Left with a girl, comes back empty handed?" He says, although it sounds more like a question.

"We thought it'd be better if she went home." I say simply.

"Does she know about the gang?" My mom asks leaning in so only we can hear.

"Oh please Francine, you can't tell me you didn't see Owen Wendow sitting across from you just now." My dad says sternly.

My mom's eyes widen as she looks from me to my dad, "you, you're dating the gang leaders daughter?"

"Does Adrienne know that you're cheating on her just like she did to me?" James blurts.

"Save it James." My mother snaps. "Are you or not Lucas?"

I sigh. "No."

Both my parents let out a breath of relief. "Thank God." My dad says. "I was so worried." My mom follows.

"Are you serious?" My voice starts to get louder and louder. "You wouldn't want me to date her because her dad runs a gang?"

"That is fair Luke." James shrugs.

"Shut up!" I yell, and then while restaurant goes silent.

I realise I'm standing, and I'm in my brothers face. Everyone is looking at me like I'm insane.

"I'm gonna go." I say quieter now.

"I think that'd be best." My mom says just as quiet.

I make my way outside and pace in front of my car for a while, so I can figure out where to go.

I can't go back to the house because I'll be dead by the time I get through the the door. I decide to go home and see if people want to come over.

Nothing crazy... just a small get together. Yeah.

A\N

Shortest chapter ever 😂😂 sorry guys. I will be updating very soon but I also have some big news!

I'm in the middle of writing another book!!!!

It's different than this book but I still think you guys will like it! My new book is called

"Just for the Summer"

It's about a girl named Aubrey who used to live in a small town with her mom, dad, and older sister Amelia.
When Aubrey was 10 her mom got in a car accident and died. As a result Aubrey's dad moves with her and Amelia to NYC to restart their lives. However over the years Aubrey's dad has started to have heart problems.
One day Aubrey comes home to find out her sister has mysteriously left, and her dad is in the hospital.
Aubrey's grandma Becki finds out about her dad's condition and tells her to return back to her home town to get away from all of the stress.
After a lot of convincing Aubrey decides to go... but just for the summer.
Find out if it's really as terrible as Aubrey makes it out to be, or if she will find comfort and peace back where it all started.

This book will be coming soon! Comment if you think you would be interested in reading it so I know if I need to get working :)

Thanks for reading and voting! More updates coming soon :)