27

Logans POV

I didn't have any plans with Nate today but I had no intention of accidentally making out with Luke again.

Especially after what he said. Hypocrite. I went downstairs to find Jane talking to a maid.

"No Ellis I insist." She says nicely.

Ellis, one of our older-ish maids, muttered a thank you and left the kitchen.

"What was that?" I ask startling Jane.

"Logan! You scared me!" She chuckles.

"Can you just answer the question?" I crossed my arms.

Jane gave me a look and crossed her arms as well. "I was giving Ellis the afternoon off."

"That's not your job." I said without skipping a beat.

"Oh come on Logan, she works day and night for you, she can have one afternoon off."

"A decision like that would be my dad's to make not yours."

"Logan, I'm pretty sure your dad and I share these duties now. You should probably get used to it."

I couldn't even talk. This crazy women thinks that she's my new mom or something.

"I can change that." I say venom lacing through my words.

"I'm sure you could sweetheart." She says changing her tone all together. "But you wouldn't want daddy to be upset and go crazy like-"

"Shut up!" I scream.

"Why? You don't want me to talk about your crazy mother?"

"Stop!"

"Logan, what happened to your mother is exactly what will happen to your father if you drive me away." She pauses. "He loves me."

My stomach dropped and I almost threw up. Hearing that he loved her broke me. Mom and I were the only ones that he could ever love. At least that's what he always said.

"Okay." I said with tears streaming down my face. "Okay."

"Good. Now don't tell me how to do my job, if the maids look like they need a break that's what they're getting!"

She walked past me with her staletoes clicking down the hall. I dropped down to the floor and just sat hoping the thoughts of my mother would soon leave me.

But they didn't.

What felt like hours later, came footsteps, loud ones. They stopped right next to me. I looked over to see a pair of black and white vans.

My eyes traveled up to the strangers face and I saw Luke staring at me with sad eyes. I looked back down to his feet and didn't say anything.

"Yeah, you caught me. I'm not with Nate, and I'm crying like a baby." I said sounding a bit snobby.

He slid down next to me and looked at the ground too. "I wasn't going to say that. I don't care that you don't have plans, but I do want to know why you're crying."

I looked at him and wiped the salty tear from my cheekbone. "Its Jane."

"Who?"

"My dad's new girlfriend, who's actually a witch." I sniffled and let my head fall back against the wall. "She thinks she owns the place."

Luke didn't say anything so I turned my attention towards him and was surprised with a kiss. "You worry too much." He says smiling.

A\N
I totally understand if you want to kill me 😂because I haven't been updating in a longggggg time.

But things haven't been going well lately and I haven't been in the right state of mind to write my books. Your guys' support makes me want to keep writing but things outside of writing haven't been going super well :( I'm hoping things will start getting better and I'll start feeling better so I can update more.

In the meantime don't forget to vote and comment any suggestions you have. I love all of the support and even if I don't reply to your comments I do see all of them and they make me smile.
So thank you 💞