20

Luke's POV

She looked stunning, there was no denying that. I bit my bottom lip and smiled.

"You look amazing." I say and she smiles. Her cheeks don't even tint red. She's good at this.

"Shall we go?" She asks. Logans doing a good job of hiding the pain in her voice.

"Yes." I usher her out the door but we get stopped my Owen. I kid you not when I say I almost shit myself.

I completely forgot about the rule, I can't even use the excuse that there's so many it's hard to keep track.

Because. There's. Only. Three.

We both turn around slowly and Logan has a big dopey smile on her face while all the color in my face is draining.

"Hi dad!" She says like a five year old.

"Logan what are you doing out of bed?" Owen asks.

She pauses. "Umm, Luke had a family thing- which involved a plus 1- so I said I would go!"

He turns to me and if looks could kill I'd be 6ft under right now.

"Have her home by 11. Don't let her drink anything she's not supposed to and get her back safe." Owen says almost threatening while we get in my car.

"You know, for a gang leader, you have a lot of dad rules." Logan says while checking her makeup in the side mirror.

He scoffs. "It's almost like I'm a dad."

She scoffs back. "Almost."

She taps me on the shoulder meaning "drive away as fast as possible before he changes his mind."

So I do and we make it to the restaurant in less than 10 awkward minutes.

I open the door for Logan and again when we get inside. She thanks me quietly and something seems to have switched inside of her complicated brain.

"You okay?" I ask.

She nods but doesn't look at me. "Perfect."

"Okay." I say quietly and lead us to the table where my family is sitting.

James is pouting in the corner with no date and my dad barely looks up from the menu when he sees me.

After I joined the gang my dad became extremely disappointed and basically disowned me. My mom however was cheerful as ever to see me with a girl.

"Hi mom." I say giving her a hug.

"Hi sweetie! Who is this!?" She asks practically pushing me out of the way.

"This is Logan. Logan this is my mom Penelope."

She smiled as they shook hands and write both sat down. "So Logan, how old are you?" My mom asks and I almost throw up.

She looks at me and winks fast enough so that I barely catch it. "19, almost 20."

I try my best to keep my jaw from hitting the core of the earth.

"Oh I see!" My mom looks delighted. "So what do your parents do for work?"

"Umm, my dad's in business and uh" I wonder for a second if she'll talk about her mom. "My mom-"

"Are you guys ready to order?" A tall skinny guy asks.

I can see Logan relax now that she doesn't have to talk about her mom. We both order steak and James finally decides to join the conversation.

"So brother. How's work?"