The Phone Call

(Hey guys, I'm sorry for the late updates, I recently lost a family member, and things have been really hard, I find it hard to let go. But I hope you all are doing well, I'm working on cupcake in the oven, without further ado, let's begin!)
Death, naturally, was in his typical bad mood, stomping around, cursing under his breath, and sometimes even slamming his fists down, making Faith jump at his out burst. "Okay, what's wrong, you've been acting like a dick all day." She said. In return he bared his fangs at her and stood up. " None of your fucking business princess, I don't have to justify my actions to you."

She didn't worry about it too much after that. Considering he is always like that. But then once he started pushing her around like a slave and calling her names, that drew the line.

"Why the fuck are you sitting down? I thought I told you to go clean the kitchen, why are you not doing that?" He said aggravated.  " Um because it's not my house, and you can't order me around like that, I'm not your maid death, I don't even go to the kitchen."

He stood up and towered over her. "Excuse me, you are given a place to stay, food in your mouth and warm, dry clothes and a bed to lay your goddamn head on, now in return you will do as I say or I'll have your chubby ass over my knee. Do I make myself clear?"  He was anything but nice at the end. And Faith felt hurt needless to say.

But she did it, she cleaned the kitchen. Once she was done she sat down on the couch next to deaths chair where he was reading. He looked at her and growled in frustration. "Now what are you doing? I don't want to be in the same room with you right now, go to your room or something." With that she was taken aback. Did she do something wrong this morning that pissed him off?

"Why, what did I do?" She asked. "Your breathing." He replied without looking up. That was it. She stood up furious and threw the book. "What the hell is wrong with you today! First you mope around stomping, slamming things down and then called me chubby! Now your saying you don't want to be in the Same room as me?! Just give me an explanation as to why I made you mad today! I'm not your bitch that you can just throw around when your mad death! So go fuck yourself! I'm keeping my 'non chubby' ass right here!"

She stood there waiting for his reply. He features seemed to change into something more threatening, something he always did when he was beyond angry. Faith began to fiddle.

"On the contrary, cupcake. You are my bitch, and I can throw you around when I'm having a bad day, I own you 'Bitch'.  That pretty mark on your stomach says it all. And your right your not chubby." He looked her up and down. "Your fat. And maybe I am so pissed off because I have to baby sit a idiot like you! FAITH FUCKING WILLIAMS! NOW GET THE FUCK OUT OF HERE BEFOR I SLIT YOUR THROAT!"  She stepped back at his outburst. That whole thing about people's bites are worse than there bark is wrong, because she would have gladly taken his bite instead of the bark right now. His words stung her heart.

Fat? Idiot? Does he really think I'm fat? She could feel the tears burning her eyes and she let them fall. "Go do that cry baby bullshit somewhere else. Better yet, go show someone who cares. Because I don't." He sat back down. "You are a selfish peace of shit. I wish you didn't save me thirteen years ago. You should have let me die.If I had known I was going to be living with the scum of the world." She choked out and rushed to the back room.  That time he looked up. Shock written on his face.

Faith began to pack her stuff, planning to leave until she realized, she has no where to go, she can't go back with Marcy, and she can't show up out of nowhere at her parents house.

She sat down in the bed and tries to calm down her explosion of tears.
Yes, she indeed wishes he had left her to die. Her mother should have never made that deal. She picked up the phone and dialed the only number that she knew would make her feel better, Marcy.

"Hello? Faith? Is that you! Oh my god where are you!  What's going on, some guy came to my place and said you would be staying with him and I couldn't see you anymore." Marcy yelled. "Marcy, calm down. I'm fine, I can't exactly tell you where I am and I. Can't leave. I just...I just really need to talk to you right now. I need my best friend." She choked out.

There was a pause. "What's wrong baby, you can tell me. "  Faith calmed her breathing and began to explain.
"Well, I met the most beautiful man on earth a few months ago. He is my guardian basically, and my stupid self fell for his good looks and dark charm. And I wish I hadn't, I really wish I hadn't,  because he is an asshole. He makes me feel worthless and he brings me down. But then there are times when your not even sure if it's the same ass hole your talking to because one moment he's yelling at you and the next he is calling you beautiful and telling you how perfect you are..."
She got out her story with only a few cracks. But the tears still ran free.

"Faith, did he hurt you?" Marcy asked. Faith took a deep breath. "Physical or mental? Because he has done both. I just feel broken, I don't know. I honestly don't know anymore."
" you have got to leave there faith, I'm worried about you. Your going insane, he is dragging you through hell and back, and your going to let him."
Faith let out a sad laugh. "I'm not going insane Marcy, I just have a really bad case of Stockholm syndrome. That's all. And he can't  drag me through hell if I'm walking through it myself. I just really missed your voice, I miss you Marcy. And I love you."
Marcy laughed a little. "I miss you too, and I love you too. Please be safe. Faith I am worried about you. So are your parents."

"Marcy, don't tell my parents please, I am begging you. Don't tell them." Faith begged. "I won't, if that's what you want, I won't."

They said there goodbyes and  Faith laid back on the bed. She needed that. Girl to girl conversation. It was nice.

A few hours later there was a knock at the bedroom door. "Faith, I'm coming in, don't be naked, please be naked." The door opened and revealed the one persons she did not want to see. "What do you want, come to tell me I need to work out? That I've gained weight, or that I need to clean your room for you?" She said sarcastically. He sighed and sat down beside her on the bed.

"Your not fat, at all. Your body is perfect and I am an asshole. A huge ass hole. I heard your conversation with Marcy. And I'm sorry I treat you like that. I have bad days, but my bad days are different from normal people's bad days. I say things I don't mean.  And I hope that you aren't going to give up on me just because I have an uncontrolled mouth that never shuts up and spews out hateful things at you. I guess what in trying to say is that...I will never hurt you. And that though it might seem like I don't care I do. You said you wished I had never saved you in the first place, but baby..." He stroked her cheek. " It was the greatest thing I have ever done in 300 years. And I regret nothing. I am glad I get the privilege of knowing you Faith." He said. Faith stared in awe at his words. They had found there way into her heart. And before she could say anything he kissed her deeply.

Yes, he was dragging her through hell, and she was loving every minute of it..