1. AC/DC

{EDITED}Disclaimer: please stop commenting that I'm 'mixing up universes' it intended I know the difference between DC and Marvel

{EDITED}
Disclaimer: please stop commenting that I'm 'mixing up universes' it intended I know the difference between DC and Marvel. It's a mixed universe but there's only references to DC if you don't like then leave. Okay thanks.
Trigger warning: there is a suicide attempt in this chapter if it is a sensitive topic please skip the ending of the chapter and if you are struggling with issues like this feel free to DM me if you ever need help/advice.

My feet slide across the tiled floor of the kitchen as I head bang and sing loudly (and quite frankly, terribly) to the song "back in Black" by AC/DC. The cool air drifting through the open window fanning across my blushed face, the sound of rushing cars outside my house fills the kitchen, it's rush hour and people are going to their jobs, luckily my job has very flexible hours and I can usually get away with going to work at 11am, hungover.
my attention is diverted from my Mini concert to the eggs frying in the pan, the hot oil was spitting at me like rabid cat.
"Ow, ow, ow" I repeat grabbing the pan and moving it off the heat, the oil drops burning my hand. I scoop the fried eggs out of the pan and put them on 2 plates.
"Damon! Breakfast is ready" I yell, placing the two plates on the kitchen table.
Damon comes bounding down the stairs and into the kitchen wearing his usual tailored trousers, Oxford shoes and a dark blue shirt with the top 2 buttons undone.
Damon has been my boyfriend for 2 years now and we have just moved in together, things are getting serious pretty fast, I mean everyone now we talk to seem to bring up marriage or children and it just makes me uncomfortable, Id like to think I'm not ready for all that but another part of me is ready for it, just not with Damon. Don't get me wrong I love Damon, I really do, he's like a best friend to me, but I just can't see us getting married or having kids together.
"Looks delicious" he smiles brightly at me. Damon was incredibly attractive, he had dark hair, tanned skin, scruff and the brightest blue eyes you've ever seen on a person. We met at college, he was studying law and I was studying engineering, we really hit it off, now we're living together, he is a lawyer and I'm an Personal assistant for a billionaire philanthropist. This job is not what I dreamed of doing, but my boss, he's a great guy and a good friend and he's taught me loads about engineering and if I ever find the right job to me, I'm sure he will help me get it.
"Yes it does, now eat it before it goes cold" I respond.
"I wasn't talking about the food" Damon whispers, wrapping his arms around my waist and leaning into kiss me.
"Ah no kisses until I've brushed my teeth" I say leaning away.
"Fine go brush your teeth I'll wash up the dishes" Damon  frowns, his eyes wandering to the tv mounted on the kitchen wall.
"Eat the food first" I laugh, sitting down at the table. We ate our food an talked about The case Damon is working on, he's saying he has some competition who wants his client, a lawyer firm called Nelson and Murdock, apparently they're really good.
The news came on the tv and we watched intently, they were going on about the avengers and whether or not they were protecting us or putting us at risk since the city is still recovering from the battle of New York and so many peoples lives have been affected by it, positively and negatively. It sure as hell affected me, in a good way, it made realise that life is precious and that I'm not strange or different, they're are other people out there like me, like the avengers. I've always found the avengers fascinating, considering I work for one, and seeing them do stuff like saving the world and just doing good things and helping people (the family business) makes me believe that I could Do that some day.
"Theyre nothing but Stupid mutated freaks, I don't understand how they can be allowed to just do this shit without consequences" Damon mutters changing the Channel. Ouch.
"They do save people's live, 2 years ago, when there were aliens flying around New York, the avengers stopped the world from potentially ending"
"Yes but at what cost? How many people suffered from the consequences? I say they're doing more bad then good."
I excuse myself and head to the bathroom, trying to shake off Damon's words. I begin brushing my teeth while examining myself in the mirror. My brown hair was a mess and my face was slightly sun kissed from my recent vacation to Portugal and make up free so all my freckles were visible. I was wearing my usual work clothes, a white shirt, a red flared skirt with black heels.
The Tv in the kitchen gets quieter as music starts blaring from the Bluetooth speaker again.
"Turn it up!" I yell as left hand free by alt-J echoed down the halls.
I bob my head to the beat while continuing to brush my teeth, the mint overpowering my senses, waking me up and making me feel more alert. Or so thought it was the toothpaste that did that. I spit the tooth paste out and wash my brush off before wiping my mouth on a towel.
I suddenly begin feeling light headed and my hands begin to tingle as my stomach begins the twist in knots. I look up from the towel into the mirror I'm greeted by a horrific sight, a loud gasp falling from my lips. My heart hammered in my chest, the thumping ringing in my ears like a wild horse galloping as I take in my new appearance.
I've dealt with this 'problem' for a while now but every time it happens I jump out of my skin, I look hideous, I look like I belong in a freak show. No matter what I do I cannot stop it nor do I know what triggers this.
My hair had turned silver with an icy undertone, it glittered in natural light In a unreal way almost like angelic grace had be dusted over me. My hazel eyes where now glowing yellow,my pupils turning into thin, coin slot black lines and my skin turned ghostly pale glowing under sunlight. I shift between me and this other person very randomly, I am like the hulk but only sadder, i am the incredible sulk. My eyes dart to my hands they had a purple pulsating glow to them, the purple glow resembled a galaxy and when I put my power to work it forms swirling purple thunder clouds with ribbons of pink and blue laced with in the storm I held in my hands. I can make conjure portals with my hands and I have weak telepathy but my powers are pretty much uncontrollable which has landed me in some trouble in the past.
I've always struggled to accept this new me, I hate myself because of it, I hate not being able to control myself, it makes my anxiety rocket through the roof. This curse is the result of chemotherapy gone wrong, I was diagnosed with melanoma, which is the fancy word for skin cancer, when I was 15, young I know. It's highly unlikely for a teenager to develop cancer but of course is was one of the unlucky ones. During my chemo treatment, the building was caught in a thunder storm, and the building was struck by lightening which cause all the technology with in the building to malfunction and the radiation damn nearly killed me. I escaped death by the skin of my teeth. Luckily after that incident my melanoma had completely gone which my doctor called a 'medical miracle' little did anyone know it would develop into this. My cells heal at a high rate, all my senses are heightened, I have the ability of telepathy and the ability to create portal that can take me anywhere in the universe. One time I messed up so bad and accidentally portalled myself to an alternate universe, it was fun but I doubt I'll be able to do that again.
I stumble back from the sink and stare at myself wide eyed.
"Alex hurry up your gonna be late for work" Damon calls out, his voice drawing near the bathroom door.
"Just a sec" I yell, panicking on the inside. Nows not the Fucking time. Although I love Damon to death, he as a certain view on people like me, he despises meta humans, mutants, freaks whatever you call people like me and the flash and the beast. Mainly because he and his family were attacked during a home invasion by one when he was younger, so the bad stigma stayed with him and now he assumes all mutants are the same. Evil.
My abilities didn't start to show until 4 years after the incident and they just progressively got worse, I didn't tell anyone of course why would I? But some how I managed to end up of doctor Xavier's radar and I have been recruited to join the X-men about 3 Times now but I denied each time. That persistent fucker in the wheel chair Won't leave me alone. I'd rather block out my powers then embracing them.