09 | Revelation

"Baby, you okay?" Alicia says, twirling a lock of  Kristen's hair on her finger. Kristen was preoccupied, as usual. She was typing up some notes for the advanced copy of the script she was sent for her upcoming movie, chatting with the screenwriters for possible edits to make to her character's dialogue. 

"Yeah. Why?" She asked, turning to her. She took Alicia's hand, pressing her lips to it. It had been two weeks ago when she and Alicia had finally gone out on a date, weeks after her encounter with Robert. They promised to take things slow, but their relationship was going great so far. 

"You're looking a little pale, you know. You should get some rest. Stress isn't good for you." Alicia said with a frown. "Hang on, I'll get something for you to drink. Coffee or tea?" 

"Tea's fine, thanks." Kristen replied, her eyes not leaving the screen. The words started to blur before her eyes. Her head started to feel dizzy and her throat tightened. She quickly ran to the toilet, heaving as she emptied the contents of her stomach. With a groan, she sat back and leaned against the tiles of the bathroom. 

"Kris? You in there?" Alicia went in, looking at Kristen slumped on the floor. "Baby? What's wrong?" She wiped her forehead, checking to see if Kristen had a fever.

"It must have been the leftovers." Kristen croaked, feeling another wave of nausea coming up. She heaved into the toilet again, Alicia holding her hair up for her. 

"You should get some rest, okay?" Alicia says, helping her up and walked her to the couch, grabbing a few pillows for her to lay back on. 

"I can't be sick. Shooting starts in a week and pre-production is a pain in the ass." Kristen said with a frown.

"Don't worry. You'll get well soon by then. I think you should go to the doctor. I'll call her office right now and set up an appointment." She kissed Kristen's forehead before leaving the room. "Love you, Kris."

"Love you too." Kristen replied, leaning her head back and closing her eyes.

_________________________

"How are Alicia and Kristen doing?" Tahliah's question caught Robert by surprise. "It's been weeks since we last had dinner with them."

"Oh. They're fine. Just busy. Let's schedule another one this week." Robert's clipped responses caused Tahliah to worry slightly.

"You okay, hun?" Tahliah asked Robert, holding his hand across the table. "You're a bit distracted."

"No, I'm fine. I was just thinking." Robert replied, smiling at her. 

"About what?"

"You. Me. Us. The future." Tahliah laughs. 

"You're such a charming fellow, aren't you?" She grins as she takes a sip of water as they waited for lunch to be served. 

"It's the woman I'm with that brings it out of me." With a playful wink, he leans back on the chair. After his late night encounter with Kristen, he decided to pursue Tahliah again. The two quickly picked up where they left off and a month later, here they were. 

Things were going great. A successful career, a woman by his side every step of the way, a stable life with supportive friends and family. It was everything he could ever ask for. 

Why did he have a feeling that something was missing? 

_________________

"Well, Ms. Stewart. You're perfectly healthy. Your morning sickness is completely expected in the next few months." The doctor said, a perky smile on her face as she looked over Kristen's files.

"Months? Doc, I have a film coming up, and I don't think I can handle throwing up constantly on set." Kristen said with a frown.

"Well, I can prescribe some home made remedies that are completely safe for you and the baby." The doctor replied, her eyebrows furrowing as she continued to scan Kristen's records. Kristen nearly jumped out of her seat once the doctor's words registered in her head.

"Baby? What baby?" The feeling of panic began to rise in Kristen, making her want to throw up again. This time, it was the  doctor's  turn to frown. 

"Based on the blood test and the symptoms you've just told me, you're probably five weeks along Ms. Stewart."

"That's impossible! I'm on the pill, I haven't missed a single day, oh fuck.There has to be a mistake." Kristen was shaking, still in denial with the news she just heard. If she was five weeks pregnant, then that would mean... 

Oh fuck. 

Her mind was racing, because the only possible way that she was pregnant was during her night with Robert. 

"Hmm. I think I know what happened. You've  taken antibiotics in the past two months, correct?"

"Yes. I had the flu during that time."

"There you go. Antibiotics have a tendency to render the contraceptive ineffective." 

"Is this real, Doc? No jokes?" Kristen asked again, just to confirm 

"It's plenty real, Kristen. It's best if you set up an appointment with your OB/GYN by next week so we can check how the baby's doing, okay?"

"Oh god. This is real. This is happening." Kristen's hands were positioned on top of her still flat stomach. She was overwhelmed by the fact that she was now responsible for another life aside from hers, and for the first time in a while, she didn't know what to do next.

_________________________

Robert dropped Tahliah off at her house, giving her a kiss goodbye before driving off. 

His phone buzzed, a message notification flashing across the  screen. Once he hit a traffic light, he quickly opened it. To his surprise, it was Kristen. 

Hey. - K

Hey yourself. - R

Can we talk? - K

About what? - R

Better if in person. I need you here, Rob. - K

Kristen's message was a bit troubling to Robert. Usually, it was their regular ridiculous banter. Now, it was apparent that she had a problem, and it bothered him. A lot.

Instinctively, he did the first thing that came natural to him. 

I'll be there. - R

____________________

A/N BABY, THIS IS WHAT YOU CAME FOR