17 | Together

Before we get to the story, Just a reminder that the "One More Time, with Reading" contest is up! Check it out over at @Puddlebird 's profile. The scavenger hunt is open! I hope you participate!

This is done in support of Kristen and her group's initiative to build a school in Nicaragua. 

Are you ready? 

P.S. Catch the Friends references, if you can 😉 

____

"So? Are you two back together yet or what?" Suzie pointed her fork at Robert and Kristen. 

"We're not together, okay? We're just living together, and having a child. Together." Kristen mumbles, tinkering with her silverware. 

"Yeah. Just so you know, bullets have left guns slower than you two." Jack piped in. 

"Come on, don't anger the pregnant woman." He gives Kristen a squeeze, his arm draped around her shoulders. Kristen looks up at him with a smile, giving him a peck on the cheek. 

"Yeah. Your PDA puts Tom and Sienna to shame, and you know they make out in public." Suzie whispers, pointing to the two who were making googly eyes at each other. 

"Hey! At least it's just making out. Those two like to do it in a place for children." Sienna hisses as she pointed to Rob and Kris. 

"We do not do that!" Kristen gasps. 

"We only did it once in the playground, okay? There weren't even any children there!" Robert added. 

"What? I was talking about Disneyland!" Suzie said, a look of disbelief on her face. 

"Oh. Well, that's another story entirely." Robert replied quietly. As he looked down, his mouth curled into a grin as he tried to hold back a laugh. Kristen noticed him and swatted him on the chest. 

"Way to defend my honor there, fucker." Kristen said, rolling her eyes at him. 

"He is quite the fucker, ain't he?" Suzie said, barking out a laugh as she said it. "C'mon you two. You could cut the sexual tension between the two of you with a scissors."

"Shut up, Suzie." Kristen retorted. Robert laughs at the banter of the two women. His attention is drawn to Kristen, who looked perfectly happy. Under the table, Robert reaches for her hand, his fingers intertwining with hers. She turns to him, raising an eyebrow to ask him what he was doing.

He simply smiled at her, his gaze telling her everything she needed to know. 

_________________

"I'm so tired." Kristen groaned as she plopped down on her usual seat on the sofa. 

"We literally just had brunch at Sienna's. It was only a half-hour drive, love." He laughed, dropping the keys on the end table.

"Okay, no uterus, no opinion." She said angrily. "Little one sure isn't little anymore." She rubbed her belly, remembering how it was barely a bump a few months ago. 

He sat beside her, placing his hand over hers. "I know." They both looked at where there hands touched, and pulled back abruptly, awkward silence filling the room. 

Robert clears his throat. "So, what do you want to do?" 

Kristen shrugs. "Let's watch a movie?" 

"Sure, Let me turn on Netflix for you." He grabs the remote, but Kristen pulls him down. 

"No. Let me take a look at your DVDs. We'll do this old school." She slightly waddles towards the cabinet, and upon opening it she found hundreds of DVDs organized according to title. 

"Damn, Rob. Must've cost you a pretty penny." She let out a low whistle as she scanned the titles. 

"It's worth it. Besides, what kind of actor am I if I'm not a movie buff?" He shrugs, eyeing Kristen as she undergoes a quest for a movie. 

"Aha! Got it." She pulled out a box which was thicker than the others. 

"You seriously got Twilight? Kristen, you know how much I hate watching myself in that film." He frowns. 

Kristen flips the box, reading the front and back of the case. "See? It's the collector's edition, and it has all the movies. Just choose your favorite, and let's watch that."

"I don't have a favorite." 

"Then why do you even have it?" Kristen asked, exasperated at the conversation they were having. 

"Because it's my movie!" Robert threw his hands up in the air.

"Hey, I'm in this movie too!"

With a grunt, he relented and let Kristen choose the movie. 

"Okay. Breaking Dawn it is." Kristen popped the DVD in the player and sat back on the couch. 

"What? Why?" Robert whined. 

"Because I want you to watch how babies are born!"

"Kristen, we're having a perfectly normal baby. We are not having some weird vampire baby." Robert huffed. Kristen just laughed and pressed play, curling up against Robert.

"Oh damn, I miss my stomach. And my long brown hair." Kristen sniffs.

"But that was a wig you were wearing, right?" Robert pointed out.

"Fuck you, Pattinson. I'm pregnant. I'm always right." She snarled as she turned her attention back to the TV. 

The two continued bickering as the movie went on, and eventually the honeymoon scenes played on TV. 

"Oh fuck, remember when we were shooting this?"

"Oh yeah." He chuckles. "I think I've never seen a crew clear out that fast. You just started moaning loudly, I was scared security would come and get me."

"Me? You were grunting so much it sounded like a one-man tennis match." She slapped him on the chest playfully.

"Shut up!" The two laughed as they reminisced their time together. As the movie progressed, Kristen started to lean in closer to Robert, tugging on his hand and placing his arm around her body. 

"Oh god, I forgot how terrifying this scene was." Her nose wrinkled in disgust as she watched herself in agony as she was about to give birth to her half-vampire baby.

"Alright, that's enough. Come here." Robert turned off the TV and tucked her under his chin. He brushed her hair back. "The little one will be okay. You will give birth in a perfectly normal way, and I will not have to eat you up like a weird cannibal, okay?"  

Kristen calmed down, and held on to Robert's arm, feeling his lips brushing against her hair.

"Kristen, I promise. That I'll be there with you and the little one every step of the way. That's what you deserve." He smiled, his eyes met hers and the two seemed to have a silent conversation with their eyes.

His jaws were clenched, as if he was restraining himself. Kristen watched him carefully, and just like that, she felt a light bulb go off in her head.

She didn't know why it took them too damn long to realize something that was in front of them all along. 

With a whisper, she said the words she'd been holding back because now, she knew the timing was right. 

"Jesus fucking Christ. Just kiss me already."

_____________________________

A/N 

And I go back to whooPS

Did you catch the Friends references? ;)