Chapter 2- Girl in the dark

Chapter 2 - Girl in the dark

I open my eyes as my eyelids slowly open. Damn, what the hell happened to me ? I try sitting up on the soft bed. Is it even possible for a bed to be this soft ? Glancing down at myself, I see blotches of blood on my clothes and I regain my memory.

Julian was dead.

The thought hit me like a 1000 bricks raining over me. My brother was dead. I could still remember the two people who had taken me away from Julian. Anger coursed through my veins as I recalled the memory.

Luckily, I didn't have a head ache or anything, so I got off the bed with ease and examined my surroundings. The walls of the room were in an ugly shade of grey and was plain, without any posters or paintings. The bed seemed to be the only thing in the room; apart from the washroom.

I walked to the washroom and looked around for any possible thing I could use to break out. Stupid, I know but why be pessimistic ? I spotted a shaving razor and immediately pocketed it.

At least I was armed.

I snapped out of my reverie when I heard the sound of a doorknob being jiggled and jumped out of the washroom, the razor now in my hand. A young guy, probably around 21 or 22, with chestnut colored hair and green eyes stood in front, with his arms raised in a surrender position. Damn, that jawline.

''Woah, there. I'm not gonna hurt you.'' he chuckled. ''Stand back, I'm heavily armed.'' I said and showed the razor. Oh God, what the hell is wrong with me ? I know, I'm probably the most stupid person on earth, but I have to show him that I'm not scared by his presence.

He let out a loud chuckle and raised his eyebrow. Why must he be so hot ? I wish he were an obese old man with a balding head. At least that would make me less distracted.

''I'm not going to hurt you, so you can kindly put your 'weapon' down.'' he said confidently. I looked behind him and saw the lack of guards. Slowly letting my guard down, I put the razor in my pocket.

''Why am I here ?'' I had many other questions, but this was the most important apart from Julian's death, of course.

''You'll get the answers to all your questions. Follow me. There is a person that you should meet.'' I gulp and run my hands up and down my elbow of the other hand. I was surrounded in an unknown place. I didn't know who the people who took me were. I had nothing to lose. I already lost the most valuable thing to me.

I nodded and followed him, who was already out the door. ''What's your name ?'' I enquired. So far, he was the only friendly person who I'd encountered. ''My name's Felix. But everyone just calls me Eli.'' My eyes widened when the name felt familiar to me.

''Don't let her escape. If you can't handle her, give her to Eli.''

The events of what happened were still hazy, but I did remember the buff guy saying Eli's name. I looked at his face and couldn't believe that he was involved with murderers. He was too friendly.

''And you're Melissa, right ?'' he gave me a charming smile. I would so date him if he wasn't where he is now. I just nodded and looked away. This just proved that appearances can be deceiving. We walked until he halted in front of a dark wooden door. He then turned to me and gestured towards the door.

''That's where you'll get all your answers from.'' he whispered. I kept my eyes fixed on him and pushed the door open. ''Come in.'' Suddenly I wasn't so sure about entering. The voice of the person behind the door sounded dangerous. Swallowing my fear, I entered and closed the door behind me. I was met with the disgusting smell of 'Axe'.

Seriously, how much does this idiot put on ?

I couldn't see his face as he was seated on a chair, with it's back facing me. I cleared my throat to get his attention and it worked. He turned around with an impassive face. I would have scratched his face, if it weren't for me being in an unknown place.

''Melissa Hale. Sister to Martin Hale.'' He intertwined the fingers of both his hands and set it on the table. I frowned. The only brother that I had was Julian. And Julian's full name was Julian Pablo Hale. So who the hell is Martin ? I shook my head. ''I don't know of any Martin.''

I don't know what snapped in him, but he got up, anger present in his facial features. He was basically equivalent to a bull who had just witnessed the colour red. ''Stop lying, bitch ! You were with him in the fucking supermarket. I saw you and him.'' he then smiled pleasantly.

''And I killed him.'' Somehow hearing those words from this guy's mouth just made it more awful and realistic. The reality that Julian was gone.

''Why ?'' my voice coming out in a whisper. The anger rushed back onto his face. I'm starting to think that either he's bipolar or he has anger issues. ''Don't act like you don't know anything.'' I almost flinched at how loud he spoke. I'm pretty sure these walls are sound proof. Otherwise, all the people here would have head by now.

''Know what ?'' I asked innocently. It's best if I play safe and not take any rash actions. Maybe if I kept us with my act, he'd let me go as I didn't know anything. I honestly didn't know anything. The reason why there brought me here or why they killed Julian.

He let out a short laugh. It sounded good coming from him, but I stopped thinking that when I reminded myself that he was my brother's killer. ''So Martin did keep you in the dark for all this time.'' There, again he went with Martin.

''My brother's name is Julian, not Martin.'' he raised his eyebrow. ''So he even lied to you about his real name ? Girl, your brother isn't who he seems he is. I now know that he hasn't told you a single thing about his double life.''

Double life ? And why would Julian ever lie to me about his name ? ''He didn't have any double life. I don't believe you. Julian worked at an automobile repair shop.'' I corrected him. That's what Julian would tell me whenever I asked about his job. But he never revealed much.

He chuckled and stared intently into my eyes. ''That's were you're wrong. Martin Hale is the second- in- command of the Latin Kings. Your brother was assigned to terminate my best friend.'' I froze. Julian couldn't do that. We used to tell each other everything. He never even once mentioned about his gang life and now this. . .

''Your brother is a killer, Melissa.''

***

Hey guys !

I agree that my chapters are short and I'm working on making them long. So yes, Julian isn't who he seems to be. Guys, I'm not changing Julian's name into Martin in the cast because ..... (You'll eventually find out.)

Hope you liked this chapter. If you did, please show me your love and :

Vote

Share

Comment

~xoxo~

Ifunnybruh