Chapter 24- Back in the US

Chapter 24– Back in the US

Melissa's P.O.V.

Glaring at the evident dark circles that had formed under my eye, I looked away from the mirror and peeled my head out if the washroom, taking in the sight before me.

Hunter was sprawled across the chair next to my bed and he didn't look too comfortable. His head was on the bed, next to where mine was. I had gotten the shock of my life as I woke up to Hunter's face two inches away from mine.

It was a good sight, nonetheless.

Getting out, I rebuked at my state; my top was almost exposing my cleavage. I didn't have anything to change into and since Hunter was in the same room as me, I couldn't even sleep in my underwear.

A series of knocks caused all my thoughts to vanish. I slowly walked to the door, not wanting to wake Hunter up. Opening the door, I gulped at the golden-toothed man who had seemed to creep the hell out of me, ever since I saw him yesterday.

He was smiling broadly and so he gazed down, fixating his gaze at my chest. Clearing my throat, I crossed my arms over my chest. He recovered and looked back at me, still smiling.

“Yes ?”

“Miss, I'd like to ask you if you'd like anything. . . maybe if you're a bit thirsty ? There's something I could offer that would satisfy your hunger,” He offered, making me question if he was even talking about food and water. Nevertheless, I was getting a creepy vibe from him and was starting to feel self-conscious. Plus, his Spanish tone only increased that factor.

“No, it's fine, I–”

“But Miss !” He cut me off and exclaimed, stepping into the room. I took a step back, while he leaned in closer. I was going to push him back, when I felt something hovering behind me.

Someone.

“She said she didn't want anything. It's better if you just listen and obey what she says,” A husky voice snapped, making him flinch.

He glanced at me, before nodding at the man behind me and exiting the room. I turned around, to meet Hunter's gaze. As soon as I did, the concern in his features morphed into blankness. I watched, as he quickly got into the bathroom, locking the door.

Even though he just uttered a few words and disappeared the next second, I smiled and adored him for his actions. He didn't want to show it, but he cared. And I was more than happy for that.

I walked to the huge window, that shows me the entire view of whatever part in Mexico we were in. I was sure we were far from Centrò Historicò. Sighing, I gazed at the scenery beholding me.

I turned around, not wanting to spoil my mood. I was leaving and yes I knew one day I would, but I didn't want to. As soon as I turned around, my face turned into an ugly shade of red. Heat radiated off my cheeks, as I glanced at a shirtless Hunter.

He knew I was looking at him, as I located a side-way smirk. Clearing my now-clogged throat, I looked away. Fuck. I don't think I could ever get tired of seeing that.

Are you planning on standing there forever ?” Hunter's voice cut me out of my thoughts. I shook my head shyly and waited for him to put on his shirt.

Following him out of the room, we soon reached the lobby, where Hunter exchanged the key with the desk clerk. I stood right behind Hunter, my hands gripping his forearm loosely. I could feel the desk clerk’s gaze on me, eliciting anxiousness from within me.

As soon as he was done paying the bill and whatnot, he ushered me out of the hotel. We were walking in the footpath and I was clueless as to where we were.