Chapter 15- Tiffany's worst side

Melissa's P.O.V.

I folded the clothes, humming the tune to a very catchy song that London had introduced me to. Honestly, I don't ever remember feeling so. . . internet- deprived. I feel like an old granny who was just introduced to a mobile phone .

Out of nowhere, two hands wrapped themselves around my waist and I felt heat when somebody snuggled their head into my neck.

My heart was beating erratically; my body was on an overdrive. Prickles pierced into my skin and I had a distinct feeling in the corner of my mind that it was a guy, since it felt like a stubble.

''I missed you,'' the voice breathed into my neck and that only caused my heart to beat faster. Eli. He was back and his gesture was too friendly. But I felt good; having him so close to me.

I spun around, causing him to detach his arms from me and smiled up at him, when I saw his frown. ''I'm glad you're back.'' His frown straightened out and he smiled charmingly . Keeping a hand on my cheek, he stared at me. Might I say, I was flustered. Him being close was enough but his hand on my cheek. . . made me a blushing mess.

''So am I,'' he whispered and leaned forward, his lips slightly outstretched. I glanced at him wide- eyed. Would he kiss me ? My mind flashed back to the time when he showed me his drawings and how we were going to have a moment. Maybe I'd finally score that kiss.

Alas, to my disappointment, he kissed my cheek and pulled back. I frowned for a fraction of a second, but quickly replaced it with a blank expression. He opened his mouth to say something, whilst staring at my hand but was cut off with a throat- clearing, which was clearly not me.

Tiffany stepped into the room, her long ombre hair tied into a bun with a few strands framing her face. She stared at with an expression of betrayal and I remembered Eli kissing my cheek. She must have seen it. Till now, Tiffany hadn't done anything bad to me, other than try to mend our friendship, but I refused. Now, I'm not sure she'll keep her non- violence act.

London had mentioned that she was a psycho bitch when she was mad. I hope it didn't come to that.

Tiffany cleared her throat and put on an impassive expression. ''Hunter has asked for you to be there in his office,'' she said and exited the room, without sparing either Eli or I a single glance. I could say all friendship she had towards me just diminished.

***

Standing in front of Hunter's office door, I tidied my dress and pushed back any hair that came onto my face. Taking a huge gulp, I knocked on the door twice; half of me hoping he wasn't there. I just didn't want to face him after what 's all happened. I still feel like he's just playing me for information and so I remind myself not to fall for it.

Much to my disappointment, his gruff husky voice answers from behind the door, ''Come in.'' I push open the door and stand in the middle of the huge room. It wasn't as huge as his bedroom, but it was too big for an office. I scratched behind my ear, something I did when I was nervous.

''Tiffany told me-'' I began but he cut me off.

''Yes, I had told her to call you.'' he stared at me with an analysing expression and I wanted to look away. I couldn't help but compare him to Eli; how similar they both looked. I shook my head, trying to clear all thoughts of Eli. I'm supposed to be thinking how to get back on Tiffany's good side, yet here I am thinking about Eli.

He got off his chair and came to the front of his desk, leaning his back onto it; right in front of me. He stared right into my eyes, causing me to look away. ''I've booked an appointment with the dermatologist and she said she needs to check how deep the bruise is to-'' he abruptly stopped and appeared speechless for a few moments.

''Is to ?'' When he didn't answer me, I repeated my question with the same frustration. I was starting to get angry and scared because of his silence. What could possible happen ? Was something wrong with me ?

''It's complicated,'' he answered and looked down. Gulping, I could feel tears form. I didn't know why and how, but I was scared for myself. What is it's serious ?

''No no,'' I murmured and shook my head in fear and panic. I faintly heard Hunter saying something but in that moment I blocked out everything. I remember studying in college something about a hematoma forming after extreme loss of blood; which could form a clot and be very dangerous leading to heartattack or a stroke.

A tear escaped my clutch and rolled down my cheek, before I could hold it in. I lost everything when I came here. I lost my dignity, my brother and mostly my life. Now, I found out I was-

''Hey, don't cry.'' Hunter's voice broke me out of my thoughts. My left cheek was warm and so I kept my hand there to find Hunter's hand on my cheek. My heart lurched at his gesture; it looked so genuine, as if he actually cared. His eyes were furrowed and he seemed. . . in pain. I glanced at him and squeezed his hand. Right now, Hunter's comfort was all I needed. Staring into his golden orbs, I let out a contented sigh. This moment felt so right.

''You're going to be alright, that's why we're going to the doctor. I prom-'' he once again stopped himself and clenched his teeth. That's when realization struck me.

Is he just pretending ? Why would he care ? Last time I checked he hated me and- this all just doesn't make any sense ! Why is this so confusing ? He's probably playing me for information. The bastard.

''Stop. The. Act.'' I gritted out through my clenched teeth. I ripped his hand away from my cheek, although it felt so good to have it there. Hunter made a brief expression to show his hurt, but quickly sobered up and put the blank Hunter Rodriguez mask that I was familiar with.

''Very well then. I'll tell Tiffany to call you when it's time to go.'' He glanced at me for a minute and more with a hard look, until he walked past me and out of his office.

***

Scratching the part of skin behind my ear, I knocked on Tiffany's door. It was in the noon and I'm pretty sure Tiffany only does her duty till the evening.

''Tiffany ? Can I come in ?'' When she didn't answer, I sighed. She's probably still angry with me; maybe more than ever. I knew it was rude to enter when a person didn't give their consent, but I was desperate at the moment.

I swung the door open and came face to face with Tiffany lying on her bed, her back facing the bed, while she stared up at her ceiling. ''Tiff ?''

''Don't call me that !'' she snapped and sat upright, glaring at me. I raised my hands up slightly, in surrender. Walking closer to her, I said, ''Look Tiffany, I just want to-''

''Want to what ? You knew that I liked Eli, yet you act all mushy and lovey- dovey with him. Is it because of what I said when you and Eli went out together ?'' she stared at me with an expression of hurt and betrayal and I felt so bad.

''It's not me. He's the one who came to me and-''

''Like I'm going to fucking believe that !'' She shook her head and walked upto me, till she was only one- inch away from my nose. She leaned in and pierced her glare into my eyes. ''I've been good to you and I tried mending our friendship, however you didn't want that. Now, you're never getting back on my good side. Play with me, fine. But play with Eli, you'll have to go through with me first.''

''Let me tell you, you're officially on Tiffany's worst side.''

***

Hey guys !

There's Chapter 15; another irregular update. Hope you liked it; please vote, comment and share !

~xoxo~

Ifunnybruh