Chapter 13- Allison's attack

Melissa's P.O.V.

Stirring the spoon in my freshly made orange juice, I tossed the spoon into the sink and drank the whole glass in a gulp. I wiped my mouth with a tissue and sighed.

I was having an even tougher time than before, now. With me opening up to Hunter three days ago, I had been ignoring him and him vice- versa. Plus, now Allison's attacks were even more frequent than before; not to mention Lesley too. I barely saw Callie and Eli was away on some trip to another country and I heard some fighters say that he was going to come today. If I was being honest, I'd say I was looking forward to it. With Tiffany no longer being my friend, I had lost London too, I guess.

Tiffany was becoming more and more of a bitch every time I saw her and London kept on pestering me to mend my friendship with her. Ha, she wishes.

I walked to the sink and keeping the glass under the tap, started to rinse it, when a figure loomed behind me, causing my heart to expand and contract in a quick pace. A man's large arm reached out in front of me and grabbed the brown paper bag, kept near the sink.

As I whirled around, my heart couldn't stop throbbing. The throbbing increased as I saw who was in front of me. Fucking Hunter. We were so close, that our noses were almost touching. He stared down at me and his eyes roamed my face, till he stopped at my eyes.

Regaining myself, I stepped away from him and gestured to the sink. If he wanted to use it. He cleared his throat and nodded, opening the tap and washing his hands.

He must have sensed that I was still standing there, as he put on a small scowl on his face and asked me, ''Don't you. . . don't you have any other job to do ?'' He looked around and back at me. ''Apart from. . . just standing in the kitchen ?''

I stopped myself from gaping at his words. Just when I thought the asshole in him was improving, he had to make a dramatic return. ''I-I. . .'' Now what would I answer to that ? I scratched the hair in front of my nape. ''I was just-''

Hunter sighed and shook his head. ''Get to Allison,'' he muttered and walked out, leaving me with a frown on my face. Why would he say that ? Of course, he doesn't know his lovely girlfriend's daily attacks on me. Well, even if he did, I'm pretty sure he wouldn't do anything about it.

I pursed my lips and dragged my feet to Allison's room. Pushing open her door, I was met with voices. Pleading voices and smug voices. Peeping in, I wanted to stop what was happening, as I behold the sight in front of me. Allison was lolling on her pink sweetheart sofa, with her legs on a chair, while a platinum- blonde haired girl was picking up remains of the food, from a broken plate. She was too busy on her phone to notice that the girl's hands were bleeding from the glass pieces.

Without thinking, I rushed in and helped her with it. Bending down, I retrieved the plate pieces and offered her a smile, but she looked terrified and shook her head. ''Well, well, who do we have here ?'' Allison's smug tone brought an irritated frown to my lips.

Does she like have some torture mechanism built inside here ?

''Yes, it's Melissa.'' I huffed and answered back. She immediately removed her legs from the chair and glared at me. ''Don't you fucking try to get smart with me,'' she hissed and her gaze switched to the girl beside me. ''Melody,'' she called out to her in a fake- nice tone, causing the girl's head to pop up. ''It's Melan-''

''I don't give two shits about it !'' Allison yelled at her and I felt bad at her. Allison may have done some pretty bad things to me in the past and I've withstood all of it. This girl's face was what I looked when I first got here and I saw myself in her.