Chapter 4- Hunter to the rescue

I blinked repeatedly when I felt strong light hitting my eyes. Letting out a loud yawn, I sat up and stretched my arms and legs. When I took notice of my surroundings, last night's events came up in my mind.

I was, now, a maid. A servant. Never in my life would I have ever envisioned me to be in this position. Getting up, I walked into the bathroom in search for a toothbrush. I cringed when I saw the dirty walls and felt the need to puke due to the putrid smell. London's room was way better.

Because she's the cousin. And I'm the maid.

I took the only available toothbrush and washed it thoroughly, making sure that it was clean in and out. I brushed and got out. I was about to get out, when I heard a bang in the door. I saw Tiffany's face coming into view as I opened the door. "If you're done with all your cleaning, you're needed by Allison right now." she said in a bored tone.

"Oh okay. May I know where she is ?" Honestly, even if she did tell me where she was, I wouldn't know. I had just been here for a day and half the day, I was knocked out.

She cocked her eyebrow at me. "You think you'd know ?" I smiled and shook my head, as she voiced out my exact thought. "Just follow me." I nodded my head and got out, following her.

I was led downstairs by her. The whole place was huge; each corridor had like a billion doors. They had doors identical to mine. My eyes widened when I thought that there could be girls like me, behind the doors, working here as maids.

Wow, I haven't even started working and I'm already acting as if I've gone through 5 years of labour.

I stopped when I crashed into Tiffany's back, making her instantly turn back and glare at me. She then turned in front. "Allison." she stepped to the side, revealing Allison to me. Allison was a gorgeous brunette who looked to be in her early 20's with the perfect curvy body and tan. She wasn't anything like I thought she would be.

"This is Melissa." Allison looked at me and raised her eyebrow. She walked towards me and around, examining each detail of my body. I looked at Tiffany, but she was busy texting someone on her phone, in a discreet manner.

"Wonder where Hunter got this one from." she said. She even had an amazing voice ! Wow, I'm totally envious of her.

"I guess he's holding her hostage because her brother is Martin Hale." she shrugged. Allison's eyes widened and the next moment she sneered at me in distaste. Seems like the entire gang held some vendetta against me. Maybe because I was the sister of their leader's best friend's killer.

"She will have the worst work to do. She'll clean out the training areas and all the bathrooms. " Allison smirked at me evilly and turned to Tiffany. "Give her the uniform." she said and left the room, leaving me and Tiffany alone.

She pulled out the drawer of one of the cupboards and took out a dress, along with a pair of plain black shoes. "Here you go. Once you wear them, I'll show you to the training grounds." I thanked her and changed my dress, as she waited outside.

Once I got out, she walked, with me following her. "Don't you hate me ?" she turned and gave me a strange look. "I mean my brother is Martin Hale, who this whole gang hates." I explained. She thought for a while and shook her head.

"Nah. Hunter has a problem with Martin. Not me. He didn't do anything to me, so not my problem. I don't give two shits about him or what he does." she said smoothly. I smiled at her. I was starting to like her. She hadn't looked at me in disgust like Allison and I was happy for that. Maybe I could finally have a friend in this place, apart from London.

"That's your stop. There a few other maids, who will be there to help you. I have work to do." she walked off just like that. As soon as I entered the grounds, I pinched my nose. The smell of blood pierced my nose. It was extreme. Just imagining the amount of blood shed here makes me nauseous.

"Hey, Blondie ! Over here !" I heard a girl yelling at me. I sighed and trudged over to where she was standing; hoping that it wouldn't be high school all over again. She was standing with one hand on a broom and the other in her brown hair.

How isn't she on the ground by now ?

"Lesley, I don't think you should-" a girl with black hair started but Lesley cut her off by putting her hand out to stop.

"What's your name ?" she asked in a rude tone. I internally glared at her. Who the fuck does she think she is to speak like that ? Excuse my language but the last time I checked, she was on the same level as me; a maid. Plus maids who had to do the cleaning in the training area had done some very worse crime, I think from Allison's words.

"Melissa." I said bluntly with a bored look. No reason to be nice, if the other person isn't. She narrowed her eyes at me before shoving the broom into my hands. "Keep up that attitude and I'll make your time here a nightmare for you." she said and walked off. Rolling my eyes, I glanced at the other girl.

"Hey, Melissa." she waved at me. I put on a genuine smile. "Hey. . ."

"Callie. Callie Stephenson." she smiled at me. She was a pretty woman with those black hair, golden orbs and tan. I'd mistake her for a model, if she wasn't working here. "Don't mind Lesley, she can be an annoying child at times." I snorted internally. That bitch was anything but an 'annoying child'. Even annoying children wouldn't be that rude.

"Well Callie, I think I should be getting to work." she nodded and started sweeping her earlier spot. I looked at the floor and groaned.

This is going to be some real hard stuff.

***

I

finally did finish the small part of land and was going to clean the next, when a loud voice boomed through the training area. "Who the fuck gave her this task ?" I shivered and looked to the entrance door, to see an angry looking Hunter with another furious looking Eli beside him.

Callie, looking scared than ever, bowed down her head in fright and answered, with her voice shaking. "It-it was-"

"Open your mouth, servant." Hunter spat out. I looked at him with disgust and hatred. How could he even say that ?

"It was Ms. Allison." she said quietly. Hunter looked even more furious. Eli kept a hand on his shoulder. "It's fine now." He furrowed his eyebrows at Callie. "You. Take her to her room. We need to have a small talk with Allison."

Callie nodded her head frantically and took my hand, leading me out, leaving the two men to argue. "She's just a fucking peasant. A peasant whose brother killed Jeffrey. Must I fucking remind you that ?" Hunter's voice could be heard. I felt guilty hearing that. Maybe this Jeffrey must have been a very dear friend to him.

"But what the fuck has she ever done ? Just because she's related to that fucker doesn't mean she deserves this. She's innocent, Hunter and you know it." Eli defended me.

"You of all people should know that-" the voices faded away as Callie and I were now standing in front of Allison's room.

"Just knock and she'll be out. I have to finish my task." she said softly and walked away, when I caught her arm. I needed to ask her the burning question in my mind.

"What did you ever do to be here ?" she smiled softly with a tinge of sadness, as my grip on her arm loosened. "Maybe someday I'd be able to tell you." I looked at her alarmed and just nodded. She turned around and walked away, leaving me in my thoughts.

***

Hey guys !

Nothing much to say, except to please :

Vote

Share

Comment

~xoxo~

Ifunnybruh