Chapter 31 - A Surprise Visit

Chapter 30 –A Surprise Visit

Melissa's P.O.V.

Biting back a curse at Tiffany, I scrubbed the floor harder and harder, hoping to eliminate some of my pent up frustration.

I had to scrub the entire floor of the Arena, as per Tiffany's rules. She was in charge now that Allison was missing. And she liked flaunting it too. Every opportunity she got, she made me do vigorous tasks and to say I was fucking annoyed would be an understatement.

I finally finished cleaned the ground and stood up, swiping the back of my hand against my forehead. Plus, the scorching heat of the sun didn't help.

A sudden noise made me pause my actions. I slowly turned behind me, to the source of the noise, and squinted my eyes at the bushes. I'm pretty sure I heard something.

Moving closer to them, I gripped my necklace on my neck, that Hunter had given me, out of fear. The Bloods had a secure territory and I was probably a fool for being so scared. But–

Out of nowhere, a huge hand clamped down on my wrist and pulled me into the bushes, wrecking my train of thoughts. My heart started beating erratically and I opened my mouth to scream, when the face of my abductor came into a view.

"Julian ?"

He put a finger to his thin lips that were stretched into a grim smile. With his hand still on my wrist, he looked above me, all around and then focused his attention back on me.

"How are you here ? What happened to you ? Are you okay ?" My eyes were tearing up and I just stared straight at his face, whilst he busied himself with inspecting my entire body. He brought my arms to his eyelevel and checked them while also shaking my face to the side.

"They didn't hurt you, did they ?" He inquired with worried eyes.

I lost it.

I burst out crying and shoved my face into his shirt. His voice. It was the same. Call me a fool for crying over Julian, since he didn't try to rescue me at the earliest and instead left me all by myself in the midst of his enemies. But he was my brother. We had faced some tough times together and the outcome was always the same. We would always stay together.

"Hey, Mel, it's okay," he cajoled me, patting my back in consolation. I tried not to let my voice get higher, since I was expecting Tiffany to come down any moment.

"It's not okay!" I glared at him and fisted the collar of his shirt in my hands. "It's not okay, Julian. It's not okay how you left me here with Hunter all alone. You have no idea what I had to go through."

For a moment, Julian just stared back at me with a shocked expression, his lips parted. Then it morphed into a grin as he commented, "I see you're still fiesty. Three months with The Bloods hasn't really changed you much."

Now it was my turn to look surprised. Even though, a smile was threatening to break out, I resisted the temptation and put on a blank face, hoping he'd take me seriously.

His green eyes looked dull, with his once soft black hair now lying in a mess atop his head. He had dark circles around his eyes and overall he looked tired and in the brink of exhaustion.

My poor, poor brother.

"Stop evading my question, Julian. Give me a straight answer. Where. Were. You." I mustered the angriest glare I could and directed it towards him.

He sighed and ran a hand through his hair, looking around. I noticed a few strands coming off and onto his hands, but just ignored it. I had more pressing matters at hand.