Chapter 33- Hostage

Chapter 33– Hostage

Melissa's P. O. V.

Open your eyes, Melissa.

Open.

Slowly, I obeyed the command I was given, opening my eyes. I didn't know who it was, but it was commanding, in such a tone that I didn't dare go against it.

When I was fully conscious, I took a moment to examine my surroundings. I was in some kind of room with pitch black walls. The only source of light was the broken bulb directly above my head. It was then I realized.

I'm tied up.

I was made to sit on a chair with my hands bound behind my back with a thick rope, whilst my legs were tied to the chair.

Trying to get out of the hold, I slumped back against the chair. It was of no use. My arms were sore, which got me thinking. How long was I here for?

Skimming my eyes around the room, I thrashed around, hoping to be free. "Hello! Anybody? Please help me!"

I wasn't even aware of the hot, salty tears that were flowing down my face. But it stopped when my eyes came across a silhouette in the far end of the room. Since only I was visible due to the shitty light, it was hard for me to make out if the intruder was male or female.

"Hello, please help me!" I called out for help, my pleas coming in short ragged whispers.

As the figure ascended towards the light, I gasped and the tears steamed down.

"J-Julian?"

The look of guilt on his face just repulsed me. I couldn't believe it. My brother knew about this?

"Come on, Jules. Let me out of here. Help me," I requested, with a pleading look, hopping to earn some sympathy.

He stood in the same position, a feet away from me, not speaking up. When a whole minute passed in silence, he spoke up, his tone cold and eerie. "You had a choice, Mel. You chose to ignore it."

"What?"

He raised his eyes from the floor and sent me a cold glare. "When I risked my life to save you, you looked the other way. You chose to stay with The Bloods. You chose that son of a bitch over me. You yourself caused this."

My blood ran cold. My eyes gaped wide, as I couldn't believe what I was hearing.

My sweet brother, Julian, Jules. The one who was always there for me. The only one who cared. He was always over - protective and restricted me from some things, but I knew he did it all for me. He was always soft-spoken and I'd never ever heard him curse. Even when Hunter had told me of his gang life, I'd chose to believe what Julian told me. No, this wasn't my brother. It couldn't be.

I couldn't help it. Tears flowed down on their own accord. I wanted to be strong and explain myself, but my biggest support had just failed me.

"I-It's not too late, Julian. Help me and I swear I won't talk about Hunter or ever see him again. Please, please, you have to," I cried, eliciting a surprised look of sympathy and guilt from him.

He sighed and ran a hand across his face. "Mel, it's not that easy. Trust me, I've tried. You think I'd want you tied up like some criminal like this? It's all out of my control. You're in Grayson's territory now."

My ears perked up at that familiar name. "Who?"

He took a moment to reply, hesitation evident in his features. But finally, he gathered the courage and answered, "Grayson. The leader of The Latin Kings."

***

Hey, guys!

Sorry about the late chapters. I just started a new semester in school and things are really hectic. It's really hard for me to find time to update, but I'll try my best to finish this book.

Once school starts I don't think I'll ever even see wattpad XD

Vote

Comment

Share

~xoxo~

Ifunnybruh