chapter one

sapphire's pov

The waves of the ocean rolled onto one another, intertwining themselves, before flattening out again and producing little borders of foam that fizzed quietly.

The sand travelled between my toes, cooling my feet down and running over every toe individually. I reburied my feet again and again, loving the feeling of the tiny rocks seeping through them.

I let the wind lazily play with my hair, whilst i watched a seagull sit down on a boy and begin to clean itself. It scratched away under its wing, the whole float and the water underneath shaking beneath it.

Soon a second seagull came along and landed next to the first. The two birds greeted each other before one laid its head on the other and they laced their feathers together.

I felt the breeze begin to nip at my ears, signalling it was time to start heading back home. I heard the sound of sand shifting and, turning my head towards the noise, i saw a tall boy watching the sunset, completely entranced by it.

I followed his gaze, then understanding his fascination by the sky. It had exploded in pigments of pink, orange and red, all of them mixing with another as they climbed up the clouds.

All too soon, the sun had disappeared and the sky was dark blue. Sighing, i pushed myself of of the cold sand and started to head towards the path by the side of the beach.

I heard someone walk behind me and without looking, i knew it was the boy who had been watching the sunset with me, since there had been no-one else anywhere near me in the sand.

'Nature's so under appreciated,' he mumbled.
I froze and slowly turned to look at him.

He was standing just in front of me, enough so i could see him in more detail.

He had hazelnut eyes and plump lips that were slightly parted, drawing air in and out. His jawline was very defined and he was wearing a large black hoodie, covering his hair, but i could see slight strands poking out. They were chocolate coloured and they looked soft.

He was very good looking.

I felt my cheeks heat up slightly as i smiled and nodded.

'Whats your favourite part of the ocean?' He questioned, obviously trying to start a conversation.

'Watching the seagulls,' i murmured and turned and started walking towards home.

'Why?' He sped up slightly, so he was walking in the same pace as me.

'Because their relationships are so simple.. And so perfect,' i turned to look at him. 'How they manage it? I dont know.' I frowned and looked forward again.