chapter nine

sapphires pov

Ethan and I spent the rest of the cold lunch telling each other funny stories and jokes, reading each other, like analysing a book you're given to study at school.

'I never knew hot sauce could be so painful,' he protested between laughs.
'I don't think its supposed to be rubbed onto your feet though,' i chuckled.
We were slowly getting off the bleachers and making our way down the creaky steps.

I watched a tree in the distance begin to sway as the wind started shoving it more and more.
Branches being flung through the air as the tree leaned on one side then the other.

Suddenly my hand had been slipped into the large warm palm, thick fingers, built for strong activity. I looked over at his beautiful side profile and layed my hand on his cheek, lightly pushing his face towards mine. I examined every feature of his and before i had the chance to finish, he had pinched my chin and was pulling my lips up towards his.

They fit together perfectly, like the last puzzle piece that one had been looking for for years. It was all so soft and warm, like a fresh cushion, still puffed up. His lips lightly pressed against mine, he slid his arm around my waist, supporting my lower back causing a shudder to erupt all up my spinal cord.

The other hand he used to tuck a stray piece of hair, that had gotten caught on my lips, behind my ear.

I leaned back, trying to break it, but he copied my action leaning in towards me. I giggled into the kiss, at the awkward position we were stood in.

When he finally also ran out of breathe, he pulled away panting, his hair tousled from where i'd laced my fingers into the locks.

His eyes ran over my face once more before leaning in once again, however this time, i brushed my lips against his before tugging myself away from the mystical trance and running down the rest of the bleachers and towards the school building. Just before entering it, I looked back to see Ethan watching me the widest grin i'd ever seen him make on his face..