chapter ten

sapphires pov

Several months past, ethan and I began to hang out more and more. Sometimes at his house, sometimes at mine. I learned about the beautiful boy. He was a twin, he had sister and lived with both parents in a large house at the edge of Jersey. He told me he was the sporty type which lead us into a heated debate about stereotypes. It was the thing I loved about him; the conversations we could have. Many a time we had sat until 3am on my roof talking about things like politics to our favourite starbucks drinks.

It was at the point where it was unusual for us to not see eachother after school. I had never become this close to someone since Makky in third grade. It felt different but good, I had forgotten what love felt like.

-

-

-

The lilac light burst through my dark curtains, illuminating the whole room. The colours hit the words of the book I was reading, climbing on to two separate words.

'it.... hurts'

The whole sentence read: It was an ugly grey sweater which hurts when one traces its finger pricks every nerve cell individually.

Confused, I looked at the window where just a block of light was pouring through. My eyes travelled back to the paper which was now all lit up. Imagination?

I was dragged out of my thoughts by a buzz and the vibrations of the old wooden bedside table coming from my phone.

Outside in 3. E

Perkily springing out from underneath the covers, I tugged a large black sweater he had once left on my dresser over my head along with a pair of socks and boots. Sliding down the bannister of the old staircase I leapt through the front door and pressed it shut behind me. He was just arriving. An idea popping into my head, I clambered up the small apple tree in my front yard under which I knew positively he would wait.

My theories being confirmed, Ethan planted himself under the think branches of the plant and pulled out his phone. I watched him type a text to me over his shoulder and just before his thumb landed on the send button, I leaped onto his back. He crumbled underneath me like an unreliable bicycle and we both went crashing onto the ground. I began cackling evilly as he looked at me with incredulous wide eyes.

'I hate you,' he mumbled.

I swung my leg over him so i was sitting on his lap, clutching his cheeks, my nose pressed against his.

'Do you really?' I whispered, my breath hitting his upper lip.

'Yes,' his breath tickled my nose. Then he slid his hand briskly onto the back of my head, applying pressure, attaching my warm lips to his cold ones. He gently slid his tongue into my mouth knotting my own with his. They danced together as his delicate and large hands travelled down my back until he was at my waist. There his fingers resting, holding me against him. My own clambered to his hair, where they intertwined themselves in the locks and tugged lightly.

He pulled away abruptly leaving me wanting more. He stumbled to his feet, holding me still on his waist like a casual accessory. He placed me in the drivers seat of his car before hopping in himself and starting the engine.