chapter four

sapphire's pov

I started pulling my books and pencil case out of my backpack and when i sat up, i was staring right into the large hazel void which were 'ethan dolan's' eyes aka the kid from the bus.

Without even noticing it, i felt my face light up and my small smile broadened into a massive grin.

'Hey,' he did a small wave before gliding into the seat next to me.

I turned to the front just as the teacher began to speak. I felt his eyes glued to the side of my face, causing my cheeks to redden slightly. I saw him smirk to himself in the corner of my eye before facing the front also.

I tried to concentrate on the long string of words that my teacher was producing but Ethan's extraordinary profile just wouldnt leave my thoughts. Just as i thought i was going to burst, i took a small peek to my right, taking in his perfect features again.

He was staring at the board (onto which the teacher was writing the homework task). When he was concentrated he nibbled slightly on the side of his mouth, his eyes darkened and he leaned forward with interest. His intense stare looked unbreakable, but the kid surprised me yet again as he broke the concentration and turned his head to look at me.

His eyes were incredibly dark, like a black hole of a mix of control and lust. His eyes ran over my face, examining every possible feature. He stared deep into my eyes before travelling down to my nose and my cheeks (which were flaming under the skin, a small bubbling sensation) then to my lips. There he lingered the longest.

I hadnt even noticed that i had my lip hooked on my teeth until i released them, letting them extend to their full size. He breathed in sharply before smiling lightly, his eyes finally lighting up, becoming the warm hazily brown that i loved.

A sudden loud ringing burst the small bubble i was trapped in. I felt my whole body lurch upwards whilst my stomach dropped.

The school bell rung.

I heard a quiet chuckling next to me. I turned to watch Ethan's chair wobbling slightly as he went on about 'how wide my eyes went'. I smiled and giggled lightly myself.

I stopped myself quickly though as i was aware about how ridiculous my laugh made me look. My eyes squinted up and my cheeks lifted upward. I always show my small teeth too much and I even snort.

He looked at me with a puzzled look before asking me,
'Why did you suddenly stop laughing?' His expression became worried.

My face heated up as i looked at the floor.
'Erm.. mylaughisugly,' i blurted out before giggling unsurely.

'You think?' He said incredulously.
'Well i think your laugh is beautiful.' He smiled confidently.

'Stawp,' i playfully hit his bicep and we started walking out into the busy corridor.
He pouted slightly before suddenly thinking about something. I could tell because he looked upwards, biting on the outside of his lip.

Then he suddenly ripped my gym bag out of my grasp. I gasped over dramatically before wearing a confused look.

'Do you want your bag back?' He said with a baby face.

I nodded squeezing my eyes shut ridiculously.

'Then chase me!' He shouted before diving into the crowds of people. My mouth hung open as i sped up my pace dodging the different people. I could hear my loud shoes as i trampled down the hallway. I was smiling widely now, the adrenaline pumping through my whole body. I saw his muscular body run outside as I kept my eyes glued to his purple hoodie. He ran towards the football pitch, where some jocks were jogging. He dived between them and so did i, earning a couple of complaints and groans.

Ethan was laughing too, i noticed as i caught up with him. I grabbed him by wrapping my arms around his chest. I clung onto him as he tried to tear away.

'Ethannn,' i giggled and panted, completely out of breath.
He spun and held me by my shoulders, one arm behind his back.

'Do you want your bag back?' he pulled on an overly serious face.

'Yes I'll do anything,' i pleaded, still giggling and panting.

'Then never ever cover up your laugh again.' He said this time completely serious.

I stopped giggling. The only noise between us was our combined heavy breathing. I looked up into his defined structure, admiring every single inch of him. We were so close i could feel his breath on my upper lip.

I gulped as he looked from my lips to my eyes.
'Promise?' He whispered.
I nodded and grinned at him.

He leaned in towards my lips, his eyes locked with mine, before suddenly lifting his face and planting a peck onto my forehead. Then he smiled and walked away.

What had this boy done to me?