chapter twenty-two

saph's pov

I cautiously re-read my snapchat messages multiple times before scrolling through the stories on the left hand column of the, still very confusing to me, app.

The first thing my fingers led me to was the little circle accompanied with the title 'Ethan Dolan'. I skipped through the endless videos of flashing lights and colonies of red paper cups.
That was all the video consisted of.

So i went ahead and watched every single story in my timeline. I began to sink into an oblivion of guilt as a realised my mistrust in ethan.
Once i had reached the last one, i was tapping briskly to skip the irrelevance, when i saw yet another couple making out. I sadly watched the video, my stomach was filling with glass and it was beginning to press against the delicate tissue; i missed his lips. The girls long pink fingernails scratched at his hair as the boys hands rubbed the girl everywhere he could. In the second video she began to rub his crotch, the flashing lights outlining her long fake eyelashes like an arachnids legs.  It seemed no different to the other recordings of peoples lives yet when it looped, i recognised a small black ring on the guys little finger. It was one identical to the one Grayson had gifted to Ethan on his 13th birthday. It had engraved on it, their birthdate.

Sudden nausea raining upon me, i tugged on my head phones and increased the volume to the max, carefully seeking out information.

'..get in there ethan'