3. To conclude & delude

27th December

Pia had come up with the idea that we should go shopping the day after Boxing day. I, for some reason, listened to her and now we were looking for the last minute sales. Creeping up behind her, I searched through her basket to find a dress that was neon orange.

"Pia, where do you expect to wear this?"

She jumped, startled by my voice. "Sh*t! Rhea don't scare me like that! And I will wear that to...somewhere. Don't question my clothes," she said picking out another bright piece of clothing.

I laughed then picked up a pair of nude heels that had been reduced. Luckily, they were my size and not that expensive. In the end, I left the shop poorer and a few more clothes to put in my wardrobe. It was midday and we decided it was the perfect time to have lunch.

Pia drove her car through the drive-thru and we waited for the guy to give us our meal.

"Here you go," he said, handing over the bags. His eyes went towards Pia. "I hope you'll come back soon."

"Thanks," she answered him politely before driving off. I turned my head watching him fade in the distance.

"He totally liked you, Pea."

"Really? I didn't notice." Sarcasm was clearly evident in her voice.

"Why don't you get his number?"

Pia gave me a look. "Rhea, I'm sure you know the answer to that."

And I did. However, I didn't like it. "I think of you as sister but I really don't understand why you're waiting for Ryan."

"I love him," she said simply. "I know he broke up with me but his best friend died, Ree. The person who was with him for years. So I can't hate him. I'm just going to be there for him because being a friend is much better than not being anything."

I went silent because she was right but even though they weren't together, he somehow was the reason why she wouldn't date anyone else. Her phone started ringing and the caller ID told me it was Ryan himself. Pia picked it up and put it to her ear.

"Hello?" I heard a voice on the other line replying. "Yeah... Merry Christmas to you too... I'm with Ree... Yeah, I will... Tomorrow? I guess... Okay... Yeah, bye."

She put down the phone and focused on driving. I didn't know whether I should talk but she continued speaking.

"He said hi to you and we're going to meet up." Pia smiled. I guess I would let the topic go as long as she was okay.

"Cool." I stared out of the window and saw what looked like Kane coming out of a shop. "Wait. Pia, stop the car."

When she did, I came out of the vehicle then quickly walked towards my boyfriend, happy to see him. Kane looked around, still not aware of my presence, and opened his arms to embrace a gorgeous petite girl with light brown hair. They held each other for a while before letting go. I, on the other hand, stood there with my mouth open with one question going through my head.

Who the f*ck was she?

Obviously, I had no clue but now I had to decide whether or not I should be petty. After much thought, I chose not only to be petty but instead, release my inner b*tch. I entered a shop that was close enough to Kane that I could see him through the window but he couldn't see me. Dipping my hand into my pocket, I pulled out my phone, went through my contacts then clicked his name to ring him.

The phone rang a few times before I caught sight of him getting it out. He said something to the girl before picking up.

"Hey, Rhea. What's up?"

"Hi," I replied in a fake sugary voice. "Where are you?"

Through the window, I saw him talk to the girl again, whispering so I couldn't hear a thing.

"Oh... Erm... I'm at your mom's place."

"Is that so?" I almost laughed out loud. "Okay, bye."

I chuckled aloud just as an elderly woman came past. She tuttered at me, muttering about how crazy young people looked when they laughed at nothing. I gave her a smile then went onto my camera.

Click.

I looked at the photo on my screen and sent it off to Kane. I can't wait for the explanation, I thought. I saw him look at his phone in surprise then looking around to try and find where I was. I ducked when I saw him glance my way, hiding my body under a table. Cautiously, I looked up to find them gone but the tap on my shoulder warned me that they were behind me instead.

"Rhea, what are you doing there?" I rotated slowly to see Kane's dark brown eyes looking at me in question and another pair looking at me with what I hoped was amusement.

"I got lost?" One of his eyebrows raised skeptically. "I was with Pia and I saw you so I came to say hi but you were with her. Happy?"

"I should probably introduce you two. Tash meet Rhea. Rhea meet Tash."

Tash put out her hand for me to shake which I did hesitantly. She seemed like a genuine person but I was annoyed that Kane would hide the fact he was with her.

"Why didn't you tell me you were with her?" I said echoing my thoughts.

"She was helping me plan for something," he answered. "You know? For our one year anniversary?"

My face expression showed high interest while my mind was punching my curiosity. I don't recommend jumping to conclusions. His eyes widened with realisation.

"Did you... Did you think I was cheating on you?"

My mouth opened to reply but Kane began laughing. I narrowed my eyes at him when he laughed louder. Soon Tash started to chuckle as well. So I guess I didn't get the memo that it was laugh-at-Rhea day.

"Can you stop?" I said to him, folding my arms.

"I- I will," Kane tried to control his laughter but was failing. "I'm sorry."

"I'm going," I walked out of the shop, away from the two people giggling at me. Shutting the car door, I relaxed into Pia's car seat as she drove off.

#

Dear people,

I'M BACK!! WiFi has been returned to the righteous (me) and our book is starting properly.

So I'm update everyday except those that begin with T (strange, I know)

XO Nyx_