5. This little piggy had a cold

After leaving Kane, I took it upon myself to load his car with tubs of ice cream despite it being winter and eat it sitting in a park. My phone had been vibrating non-stop since I left but I didn't bother to glance at it knowing who it was.

Ring ring!

I threw my phone at the lake in front of me but it only skidded as it was frozen. Then I remembered I needed that magical box of knowledge.

"Sh*t," I whispered. It was in the centre so I couldn't stretch and reach it. I had two options: Leave it or risk hypothermia trying to walk over the ice that could break. "Why do I do these stupid things? Bad Rhea."

I placed one foot onto the lake, checking that it was strong. It was alright so I put my other foot on. I carefully began moving towards my beloved phone. One step. Two steps. Three. Sighing with relief, I picked up my baby off the ground the I heard a crack. I looked down to see that the ice was breaking apart.

"Save yourself," I screamed to my phone before throwing it onto land. I felt the ice shattering under my feet. I was about to fall in until I saw it fixing itself back together. I cautiously started walking off the lake to avoid another fright. Once I was reunited with my phone, I looked to see Ryan and Pia laughing at me.

"Rhea, you're so dramatic," Pia gasped out between giggles. I frowned at her. How else was I supposed to act?

Ryan was also laughing with her, his curly blond hair shaking. To see both of them together and happy was bittersweet as they had a connection that was not acted upon.

"Laugh all you want. I'm a clown apparently," I huffed. I collected my almost empty tubs of ice cream and handed them to Ryan to hold. He smirked, for a moment reminding me of his best friend. I looked down then composed myself before glaring at him, jokingly. "Now you can take that to Kane's car. Here's the keys."

Ryan rolled his blue eyes and went in the direction I pointed him to go. Pia had at a point taken care of her laughter and was now staring at me with an unreadable expression.

"What? Do I have something on my face?" I said rubbing my cheeks with my hands.

"No. I just...thought that you're supposed to be on a date with Kane."

"I thought that too but he invited his friend Tash so I left. I'm not good at sharing."

Pia nodded with understanding. "I know. How did you eat 3 tubs of ice cream by yourself? You pig."

"Well, I was about to be a frozen piglet so thank your lucky stars I'm here." I tightened my coat around me.

"Yeah. I'm so lucky. And you can thank Ryan. If he wasn't a water Fae, you'd be a popsicle. Maybe strawberry flavoured."

My phone vibrated in my hand again. I looked at my messages.

Kane: Tash& I r looking for my car. Have u seen it?

I should have left my phone in the lake. They're just friends but friends can wait on the day of your f*cking anniversary. I pushed the thoughts to the back of my mind and focused on the present. Like how Ryan was eating the rest of my ice cream in the car.

"What the f*ck?! What is wrong with you and Pia? Always eating my food." I snatched the food of the gods away from him and put it at the back. "Keep away from it otherwise I will f*cking kill you."

He held his hands up up in surrender the opened the door for Pia to sit at the front with him. It wasn't even their car. Nor was it mine for that matter. Like a child, I sat at the back, complaining that I should sit at the front as I had stolen the vehicle. Ryan started driving even with my protests while Pia flicked through radio stations.

"Work work work work work..." She sang horribly.

"Shut up," I said, hitting the back of her seat.

"No appreciation for talent," she muttered.

"Killing people with your voice is not talent," I retorted.

"Ignore her Pia. Your voice is fine," Ryan reassured her and held her hand.

He probably heard her on a different wavelength. Or he's crazy. My phone pinged again and I looked down to see that it was from Naomi, one of my friends from school. For some reason, I was popular today.

Naomi: Sleepover @ mine 2nite. 9pm :)

I quickly responded with yes as I knew Kane had no idea where she lived and I could avoid him.

"Pia, make sure you have no plans from 9. We're going to see a friend."

*****

I drove up to where Naomi's apartment was and Pia and I clambered up the stairs with our bags. I rung the bell a few times before Naomi opened up.

"Hey guys! I'm sorry this is last minute but the girls wanted to hang." She ushered us in to find 2 of our other friends sprawled out on the floor in the living room.

Naomi locked the front door, her fiery red hair hiding the bundle of freckles she had in her face. She was the loudest of us and part of a nearby werewolf pack. Thalia was on the floor whispering things to a candle. She flicked her braided black hair to grin at her. Being part Chinese, she had an exotic look about her which suited the fact she was a witch. Lastly, a willowy girl with white blond hair was sleeping on the sofa. Descendant of Sleeping Beauty and usually described to be albino, was Lila.

I dumped my things on the floor then decided to tell the girls about my current issue. Kane.

"My friends, I would like to discuss my issue with Kane."

"D*ck," Thalia called out. Her and Pia shared the same dislike towards him while Naomi and Lila thought he was a good guy. I was starting to question which side I was on.

"Anyway, due to some recent events...cough ignoring me for some other girl... I have decided to teach him a lesson. Who's in?"

#

I'm in!

How are you lot? Good? Bad? Have no clue?

Well... I hope you're okay :) x

And guess who got new Air Max's? Me! For my trip to New York. Hello anyone who lives there. Maybe you'll see me...

XO Nyx_