40. Using Fae to find Bae

Hadrian's POV

My fists smashed against the mirror in vain.

"F*ck!" I yelled furious. I was going to kill someone.

Cupid woke up minutes after Rhea was taken and was crying that it was her fault. Her party had obviously ended early and my dad was coming to find out what happened. I had called Ryan, the only Fae who could possibly help me. But nothing could calm the anger boiling up within me.

I pulled the mirror off the wall and let it smash. They did it. They actually f*cking took her. I began pacing, trying to work out what to do. Ryan stood in front of me, at a distance.

"Your dad's here," he told me.

I walked past him without saying anything and went to the meeting room where my dad, two of his bodyguards and Cupid sat around a table.

"Sit, son," my dad gestured to one of the chairs.

"I'm not going to f*cking sit while Rhea's missing," I seethed.

"Fine. I've been informed by Ryan about the Mala situation," he frowned. "Why didn't you tell me?"

"Because last time I told you about something serious, you dumped me in a boarding school."

"Fair enough. Now, we have an important issue at our hands. My future daughter-in-law has been taken and I want her back."

"She's with the Fae," Cupid pointed out. "And she's being held hostage to blackmail Hadrian."

"And I can't enter their dimension by myself until I'm crowned." I was getting more and more frustrated.

"I'll take you."

We all looked at Ryan who stood there as if he was starting the obvious. Which he was.

"Then we can go now," I said impatient.

"Hadrian, can I talk to you outside?" Ryan asked quietly.

I nodded and followed him out then closed the door behind me. "What is it?"

"I have a plan to get Rhea back but you have to trust me." His gaze was serious and I realized that I wouldn't like it at all. However, out of both of us, he was the smarter one while I was more act-now-think-later. I sighed.

"What's the plan?"

*****

As I had destroyed one of the mirrors in the house, we chose another one on a different floor. My ears were pointed to make me look more Fae-like. Ryan told me his would change when he entered the new dimension.

"Are you ready?" He gripped my shoulder.

"Always."

We walked straight into the mirror. I don't recommend this form of traveling as it leaves you with the sensation of drowning before you come out the other side. I stepped onto a path that was made of metal and noticed I was in the middle of a forest. Ryan had his hands over his ears but I could see the sharp tips.

"You look like a f*cking elf," I said smirking.

"So do you." He rolled his eyes. "Now, go that way. You'll see the building. All you have to do is get in while I'll drop the tracking device wherever she is. You find her and bomb the place up then leave."

"And you?"

"I'll sort myself out."

I saluted him and he copied. Then I ran. To describe the speed I was moving at, we would have to use comparisons. Imagine Edward Cullen was a snail, I would be a cheetah. I could have teleported but I didn't know anything about the Fae world apart from the fact their red moon was incredibly creepy.

I reached their building that resembled a fortress made of black stone. Hiding behind a tree, I spotted soldiers guarding an entrance and patted my pocket to find it empty.

"F*ck," I groaned. "I forgot my gun."

Despite this, I figured I could use nature to help me. There were tiny, red pebbles on the ground, perfect for makeshift bullets. I grabbed a fistful then crouched, locking in on my targets. Unseen, I threw them at the unsuspecting guards who fell to the ground from the impact of them entering their body.

"Score," I whispered. No movement was made and the coast was clear.

I quickly came to the door where the bodies lay. The nearest guy had a gun and a key card that was my way in. I picked up both and invited myself into the building. The lights were low and the corridor was empty. I stuck the micro bomb, that looked like a slightly larger that normal tictac, onto the wall. One down, five to go. Continuing forward, I walked into another door and to open this I would need a finger print. But someone or some people decided to open it for me.

Seven soldiers stood on the other side, all guns aimed at me. And f*ck were their guns big. It made mine look like a water gun. I raised my arms in surrender.

"Be careful where you point those things. Don't want to shoot anyone," I advised. No reply.

Bang!

I looked down to see a hole in my black shirt the lifted it to see I was indeed shot. "How f*cking rude."

The one gunshot seemed to trigger them all to start firing. Sadly for them, I wasn't going to die anytime soon so I changed my physical form and became a ghost. I simply walked through them, startling the guards. I raised both of my middle fingers up.

"Bye."

I followed the corridor till I reached the end where there were two options. Left or right. Voices drifted to me from the right. Sensing their life forces, I counted two Fae.

"Did you hear about the girl they brought in?" One said.

I heard the other shuffle. "Apparently, she's one of the royals' b*tch."

"Maybe I'll borrow her for a while," the first chuckled.

"I'm sorry guys but the b*tch is taken," I said sinisterly then stood in front of them. The shadows around me began shifting until they formed my wings. I knew my eyes had turned black including the whites and this was scaring the sh*t out of the two men.

"W-what...who are you?" The taller one asked.

"I'm Death. Nice to meet you."

#

So I had...a terrible day yesterday. No details but it ended in tears and the police.

*shrugs* I'll live. I've survived before and I'll survive again.

But I hope your day went better than mine. And I'm predicting the story will finish exactly on Christmas day so keep it in your calendar.

XO Nyx_