22. Witchy woo

Hadrian's POV

The second I closed the door, I felt a force trying to push me out.

"Witch, you can stop hiding," I called out to her bored.

Rhea looked at me as if I was crazy but understood when her friend changed back into a human from being a cat. The girl glared at me.

"I have a name, angel boy."

"That's nice to know."

The girl turned to Rhea. "Are you okay?"

"I'm fine," she said and surprisingly she did sound like she was.

I ignored their girl talk and saw that the witch had moved in with all her charms and potions. However, I could feel another force in the room.

"Witch," I whispered. "Do you sense that?"

She paused, her eyes widening. "Sh*t. That's Fae."

I went in the direction of where the presence was. In the bathroom. I unlocked it to find that the Fae that was previously there a second ago had disappeared. Son of a b*tch. There was a hand print on the mirror telling me that was how it got in. I took the mirror off the wall and let it smash on the ground.

"What are you doing?" Rhea stood at the doorway avoiding the shards of glass.

"You know the Fae I told you about last night? Well, let's say their population is about to drastically go down."

"How do you know that they were even here?"

I pointed at her friend who was mumbling charms of protection over their room. "She sensed it and so did I. And they travel through reflective surfaces. However, this one was stupid and left a mark. So I need to finish off what they've started."

The shards began putting themselves together again when Rhea said a fixing spell. "Hadrian, please don't do anything that will hurt you."

"When have I ever done that?" She narrowed her eyes at me. "I promise I won't."

I walked towards her and checked the red marks Kane had left on her jaw. "You know I may just kill him for this," I said quietly to her.

"You don't always have to kill people," she replied.

"True. There's always torture."

She laughed quietly then pushed me in the direction of her door. "Go away, Hadrian. Do what you need to do without killing anyone."

I saluted her and went out. Kane had smartly left. Probably making his way towards his little side chick. Another issue I needed to sort out. I mentally made a list of what I needed to do.

1. Sort out Mala

2. Sort out Kane

Starting with the top, I figured out I would need to find someone from Mala. I called up the one of the good Fae that I knew of.

"Hadrian?" Ryan sounded like he had just woken up.

"Who's that?" I heard Pia's voice in the background.

"It's me," I yelled into the phone so she could hear me. Ryan groaned as he was closest. "Nice to know you two are back together. How was last night?" I said humour in my voice.

"F*ck off," Ryan muttered.

"Good morning to you too. I have a question. If I was looking for a Fae man called Walker, where could I find him?"

"Walker Gravis? He's apparently hanging around New York in China town. Why?"

"He's p*ssed me off and I need to kil- I mean torture him."

Ryan sighed through the phone. "Can't you just blend in and not have issues with people?"

"Especially since your future is blank," Pia piped in.

"That's boring. And my future is not blank. Maybe you can't see it." I checked my watch. "I'll talk later. I have to stir some trouble and fry some fish. You get it? Stir. Fry."

"Goodbye Hade."

*****

China town was busy like it always was so only a few people were startled by my sudden appearance from no where. I was on a mission to find a particular restaurant and luckily the name told me I was in the right place.

MALA NOODLES

Discreet, right? I was wearing my black jeans, black shirt and black nikes to fit the part of their little gang. I went up to one of the servers.

"I need to see Walker," I whispered in his ear.

He gave me a look to try and convince me he did not know what I was saying but I knew better than that. Slapping his back as if I was being friendly, I let him feel the cold metal of my gun.

"Walker. Now," I repeated.

He bowed in apology to his customers and led me towards the back. I followed him, still pointing the gun at him incase he decided to two-time me. It didn't really matter because the man was going to die in an hour from heart failure. He opened a door and I went in.

Walker who was a fat man in his late fifties was sitting around a table with three other men playing some card game. I pulled a chair towards them, drawing attention to myself.

"I'm joining," I said without question. I knew that they were all aware of who and what I was which is why they kept an eye on me without saying a word. One of the men shuffled the cards and handed them out.

"Place your bets," he gruffly muttered.

They placed piles of money on the table with mine being the biggest. We played the game for a while until I got fed up.

"I'm tired of this so I'll get straight to the point. I have a card and each of you will have one guess to work out what it is otherwise say goodbye to this money and hello death." I pointed to the man on my left. "You start."

"Erm... Is it the queen of diamonds?" He said nervously.

I smirked. "Nope. Say bye to the money."

"Bye?" Suddenly, he grabbed his own neck and strangled himself. He eventually dropped to the ground dead. I sighed.

"I didn't kill him directly. Suicide is terrible. Next."

The skinny man next to the dead one gulped in fear. It had finally sunk in that I was dangerous. "It...could be...nine-"

"Wrong."

Like the first man, he strangled himself. 50% done. "Next."

"There's no way any of us could guess it!" Walker exclaimed.

I pointed my gun at him. "It's not your turn."

The final man knew it was over. "King of-"

"Wrong again."

He followed the same death as the other. I stood up and smirked at Walker. "Now what is my card? Come on Walker. I know you know it. Especially since stalking is your new hobby."

He closed his eyes, avoiding my stare. "Ace of hearts."

"Ding. Ding. Ding. Correct."

#

That was long. It was supposed to have more but it would have been 3000 words or something so I will make a part 2!!

Bad Hadrian. Smh.

I love all the ideas I've been getting and questions! Thank you!

For Halloween, I will make a special chapter for you lot. It's an idea from one of my amazing readers so thank you to her! I hope you'll like it.

XO Nyx_