4. Pardon my French

29th December

I woke up without Kane because he had to get ready our anniversary date which required him to stay out for a while. I didn't mind as it meant more space in my bed and I was still p*ssed off at him for laughing at me so we hadn't talked much.

I finally decided to leave my room and hunt for food. My mum was sitting at the counter, reading a newspaper.

"Good morning," she greeted without looking at me.

"Morning. Have you seen Pia?"

She nodded her head in the direction of the door. "She's gone to see Ryan again."

I picked up a breakfast bar then entered my living room to watch anything on TV. It turned on to blast out news on the Supernatural Channel - a special programme which only people with abilities could see. I left it on, not to listen to but to serve as background noise.

I laid on my sofa, staring at the ceiling until I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I dug it out and saw that Kane had posted a picture on instagram. It was a image of a dark brown wooden structure that looked oddly familiar. I squinted to suddenly realise it was my own front door.

Quickly, I ran to the door and opened it to see Kane in a suit standing there with a few dozen of roses. He grinned at me which brought a small smile on my face.

"I'm sorry," he started, "For laughing at you. So today, we are going out."

I rose onto my tippy toes and looked him in the eye. "Don't ever f*cking laugh at me again."

I saw him swallow, probably surprised by what I said.

"I promise I won't."

"Good. Now, what do I need to wear for this date of ours?"

*****

I came down the stairs an hour later in a wine red coloured dress with a huge coat on top. As I slipped on my heels, I heard Kane leave my kitchen and move in my direction.

"Are you ready to go?"

"Yeah," I replied, checking myself one last time in my mirror before following him out the door. Like the gentleman he is, Kane opened the door to his silver Mercedes so I could enter. Once we were both in, he started the car and we were off.

"So where are we going?" I asked, curious.

He continued facing the front but answered my question. "Restaurant of a friend."

"Cool..."

I tapped my fingers on the door, bored. Kane glanced at me but didn't comment. It was cold outside so the windows were slightly steamed. I put my finger to the glad and began drawing patterns as I had nothing better to do.

Eventually, the car slowed in front of a large restaurant that looked expensive. Eyes wide, I stared at the building with awe until Kane grabbed me by the arm to lead me through the entrance. A small man in a suit greeted us and brought out an IPad.

"Reserved?" He said cocking an eyebrow.

"Yep, under K. Charmer." I squeezed Kane's hand as I could see he had worked hard for it. Finally, the guy nodded and led us to a table at the back that was more secluded. We sat down and were handed menus.

"Wow. I can't believe you managed to get reservations to here," I told him.

Kane shrugged. "I know the owner's daughter. She's coming now."

I turned my head to the left only to see Tash from the other day coming towards us.

"Hey Kane," she gave a smile, completely ignoring my presence. Rude.

"Hey. You remember Rhea, right?"

She looked at me as if she had no idea I was there. "Oh. Is she the girl who was hiding behind the boxes like... What did you say? Like a rat."

My mouth opened at her. I was right to think she was a b*tch. Kane turned to me and laughed, trying to smooth the conversation.

"I was joking, Rhea. You're not a rat obviously."

I narrowed my eyes at him. "Really now? I had no f*cking clue."

Tash clapped her hands over her mouth. "Oh my gawsh. I'm sorry. Is this," she pointed at both of us, "an argument? Because I can leave."

Yes, she could. "Okay, by-"

Kane cut me off. "No, it's fine. You can stay. Nothings happening here."

Of course good things must come to a end. I folded my arms on the table with annoyance while Tash slide next to my boyfriend. Two against one. I needed a break from both of them.

"I'm going to the restroom," I said getting up. However, neither of them took notice, wrapped up in their own converstation.

I entered to see another girl around my age also checking herself in the mirror. Twisting the tap, I splashed some water on my face in the attempt to calm myself down which smudged my make-upon the process. The girl pushed some wipes towards me.

"Thanks," I said.

"Welcome. I know how it feels to be dumped for another girl."

"I wasn't dum-"

The door slammed open for a guy to burst in looking frantic. The girl next to me gasped.

"What are you doing here, Sam?" she exclaimed.

"I can't move on from you, Beth. I love you." Sam began to walk closer to her. I made my way out of the restroom back to my table. There was no way I was going to be the awkward observer in that situation.

I saw that Tash and Kane had ordered but there was no plate for me. I stood next to the table without sitting down.

"And what will I be eating? The table?" I asked sarcastically.

Kane lifted his head then blinked before bringing out some cash.

"You can order something. Anything you want. My treat."

"With $20? I can only get a spoonful of salt from here."

He handed me another note. I took it from him and quickly grabbed his car keys off the table then walked out of the restaurant and into his car. I touched the dashboard and used my magic to get it running before slotting the keys into my pocket. I pressed my foot on the accelerator and left.

Fast and Furious had nothing on Rhea and P*ssed.

#

I'm really bad at updating x I'm sorry

I have so much work. *sigh*

Anyway I will update ASAP but don't be surprised if I don't update regularly.

#TeamRhane

XO Nyx_