15. The land of the books

We returned early on Monday. Kane kissed me bye as he was going to his university straight from the airport while I was returning home to pick up my things then go to my own. Pia had her own place nearby so I wouldn't be seeing her much either but after begging and pleading, she agreed to picked me up.

I dragged my suitcase into the parking lot, waiting for her car to arrive. Finally, she skidded in front of me.

"You do realize that I am not your personal Uber," Pia greeted me.

"I know. I wouldn't recommend you if you were." The slap on the back of my head told me what she thought of that comment. She threw my suitcase in the boot then slid inside the vehicle. That's when she noticed the new piece of jewelry on my finger.

"Rhea...Is that what I think it is?" Pia pointed at the ring that had diamonds going across it.

"No, it's not. It's a promise ring."

"Good. If you two were getting married, I'd be the first to object."

"Nice to see your support," I said sarcastically.

"I'm not joking, Ree. He's such a d*ck." I folded my arms, ignoring her. "Besides, you could do so much better than him."

"I don't exactly have a queue of boys waiting to date me," I replied rolling my eyes.

"What about Ha-" she covered her mouth with the hand that wasn't on the wheel.

"What about who?"

Pia shook her head and gave a nervous laugh. "Harry from economics...yeah...Harry. I heard he has a crush on you."

"He has a girlfriend," I said deadpanned. The shaking of her head, the nervous laugh and the terrible cover up only pointed to one thing. She was hiding something from me.

"...I knew that. I meant the other... you know what? F*ck it. You'll find out anyway." Pia looked irritated.

"Find out what?"

Again, she shook her head and the car sped up. At this rate, we would make it to campus in the next half an hour. Thalia shared a room with me but she wasn't returning for the next week so I had the place to myself.

Pia parked at the back of my dorm building. She quickly got out of the car and took out my suitcase. Looking around, her face became more calm when she realized something. I followed her as she dragged my things up the staircase. We reached my room on the third floor in the middle of the corridor.

"Give me a second," Pia said. She knocked on the door to the right. No answer. Then she did the same to the door on the other side. Again no answer. Pia looked pleased then pushed me into my own room once I opened it and shut the door.

"Listen to me Rhea. Someone is going to arrive in the next... 30 minutes and 21 seconds and I need you to be as calm as possible."

"You're scaring me," I said worried.

"You should be scared," she muttered.

Going through her bag, she brought out spray bottles and miniature religious statues the started putting then around the room. I, on the other hand, began unpacking even though Pia hand left me in a state of confusion. Obviously, whoever was coming must be dangerous enough to create this much panic.

I then felt a rosary being placed around my neck. "I think you're taking this a little too far, Pia."

"I'm not!" She exclaimed shaking her head furiously. Then she dragged out a large statue of a Hindu god, which was taller than herself, from her bag.

That was enough. "Pia! I don't want to know how you got that from your small bag but can you explain what is-"

"Sh*t! He changed path... 5 minutes." Her panic was causing me to also stress over this unknown person. Pia looked at me. "Do you believe in ghosts? Like Caspar?"

"I don't know. Should I?"

"For today, you do because it will be easier to explain. He's coming!"

I made my way to the door to finally see what was going on but Pia held me back. She grabbed a bottle, which I found out was holy water, then unlocked the door. She signaled to me that I should stay inside and closed it behind her.

"Go away demon!" I heard Pia shout.

"Can you f*cking stop spraying me?"

That voice. My eyes widened into the size of basketballs. I had no clue whether I should stay or go outside my room. I decided to go for the latter. Hesitantly, I turned the door knob and took a deep breath before opening it.

And there he was, glaring at Pia with the same grey eyes, with the same black hair, with the same...

"What the actual f*ck?" I whispered.

He turned to me causing me to gasp  slightly. Hadrian gave me his usual smirk.

"Hello princess. How's life?"

#
I know this is short but I couldn't drag it on XD
So I am staying in my bed for my illness has caused me to be unable to deal with the outer world. Sorry pigeons.
Anyway, tomorrow I am leaving my little world to the BIG APPLE #willblendin...
So please VOTE, COMMENT & SHARE!
(do it for Hadrian ♡)
XO Nyx_