14. Pressing restart

It was Sunday and our last day in London before school started up again. Kane and I spent most of our time acting like tourists around my hometown then he had a surprise planned for the evening.

"Is the place far?" I asked him while he helped me put on my coat.

"Like 10 minutes away. We can walk anyway."

We left the apartment hand-in-hand towards the secret destination. The night was cool and peaceful with only a few people going around probably going home. It almost felt like we were part of a movie. Suddenly, we arrived at a cinema that looked like it was closed.

"Wait a second," Kane said going through his pockets to bring out a key and unlock the entrance door. He pulled me inside then turned on the lights. It was weird to have the place to ourselves.

"I hope we're not breaking in."

"Nope. I rented out the whole cinema."

I stepped forward and filled two boxes with popcorn. Grinning, I turned to him. "What are we watching?"

"A special movie," he replied winking.

"It better not be some freaky horror movie," I muttered following him into one of the theaters.

Obviously the place was empty so we had an option of any of the seats. I could tell Kane had a plan as he led me towards the back where we would have the best view of screen. I sat down but he remained standing then made his way towards the projector room.  The screen flickered on to show the words 'our movie'.  Kan finally took his seat beside me, smiling to himself. I was starting to think he was on drugs. Then the film began. It started with a video of Kane and I in a Christmas fair from last year when he was trying to win a prize for me.

"Which one do you want?" Kane asked with determination in his voice.

"That one." I pointed at a large grey teddy bear. He nodded.

The man running the stall signaled that it was his go to try and knock over the coconut on a post. Kane tried but missed it using up his three goes.

Looking annoyed, he gave the man some more money in the hope to win it for me. He missed twice then in the end managed to hit it off.

"Well done. What prize do you want?" The man said clapping.

"The grey teddy bear for my girlfriend."

"Here you go."

The other videos followed the same pattern - moments when Kane and I were happy. I had no idea why he was doing it but I was going to find out. The whole movie was around 20 minutes so it ended quite quickly. I felt like someone was watching me and I turn to see that Kane was staring at me.

"What?" I asked.

"You're very beautiful, you know," he said quietly.

I immediately turned red. "Erm... thanks."

"Welcome," he replied shaking his head while laughing gently at my reaction. "I have one more surprise but we have to be quick."

Kane locked up the building and called for a taxi. We stopped in front of a posh looking restaurant which caused me to frown. The last time we had gone to one it hadn't  ended well.

"Please tell me you don't know the owner or his daughter," I said as we entered.

Kane rubbed the back of his neck. "I may know the girl who's uncle owns it."

"Do I want to know how you know her?" I had a feeling I would regret asking the question.

"No."

I pushed my thoughts about this unknown girl to the back of my mind, not wanting to spoil the whole evening. I decided to change the subject. "So what's next?"

He seemed slightly shocked by the change in topic. "Well...we are now going to where we will have the best view of London."

I found out that this was the upstairs area that had no roof and was decorated with roses and lilies. There was only one table which I assumed was for us. However, Kane didn't want us to sit down just yet but instead a slow tune was played out of nowhere and he extended his hand out to me.

"Rhea, my princess, dance with me," he said dramatically.

I giggled at this but played along. "Why of course I will."

He clasped my hands with his and we began to slowly dance to the music. I looked past Kane's shoulder, taking in the twinkling lights of London.

"Rhea, I need to tell you something."

I looked up at his nervous face. "Okay..."

"How do I start? Eh...Well, Rhea, I have known you for a while now and dated you for almost the same amount. You make my days brighter, you make heart warmer and you're the only person I see a future with. So, what I'm trying to say is-"

"Are you proposing?" I was slightly worried. I liked Kane but I wasn't at that stage where I would like to be married.

"No no no. I just," he knelled in front of me and brought out a small black box. "Will you accept my promise ring?"

I sighed, inwardly relived. But then faced the problem of saying yes or no. "Okay. I will."

A smile brightened his face as he hugged me. As if planned, it started raining hard, forcing us to go inside. Then he slid the ring on my hand, sealing the deal.

#

Late again. I would say sorry but I think you already know.

I'm ill. I would like to just say that.

I am behind on so much e.g. French essays, French lessons, French and more French.

And I'm not even french. XD

Anyway, I feel the need to express how much I love you lot. Yes, you. I love you amazing wonderful people so much it hurts *sends love to all*

Well, until next time...

XO Nyx_