36. All's well with love and death

Rhea's POV

My eyes opened only to be blinded by the flashlight directed straight at me. Eventually, I felt it being moved away then I peeled one eyelid to see a pair of pale grey eyes, incredibly similar to Hadrian's, watching me. The girl, who I now considered crazy, clapped her hands happily.

"You're alive!" Cupid gave me a dazzling smile.

"And why wouldn't I be?" I said groggily. I felt as though I had been hit by a sledgehammer which may have been possible.

"I might have punched a tiny bit too hard."

"How is that a problem?"

"You've been unconscious for...two days."

My mouth dropped to the floor. "I've missed two days of lessons because you couldn't use self control?"

Cupid shrugged her perfect shoulders and grinned at me. I was starting to notice some similarities between Cupid and Hadrian. Then she frowned. "You didn't want to meet up with me. I feel slightly hurt."

"So you knocked me out?"

"Well, it sounds bad when you put it like that."

"You don't say," I replied sarcastically. I tried to get up but realised I was tied to the chair. "Cupid, why am I f*cking stuck here?"

"I need to ask you some...questions," she said, walking around me.

I heaved out a sigh. "Okay."

She grabbed my chin and forced me to look into her eyes. "Do you like my cousin?"

"Yes," I admitted, feeling compelled to tell her the raw truth. Cupid smirked at me, aware that I didn't have the ability to lie to her.

"Then why are you two playing the same game you did years ago?"

"Excuse me?"

"It's so boring to watch. Like, come on. Just date and get it over with."

"It's not that-"

"All you need to do is grab him by the balls and say 'Hadrian, dear dear Hadrian, let us be together, forever' then kiss."

"...That doesn't sound like a good plan."

She slapped my face. I turned to face her, glaring. Thank goodness I couldn't use my hands. I tried to use my magyk to undo the rope but for some reason, it didn't budge. So I settled for giving her a death stare.

"You, Miss Montero, upset my little cousin and that makes me very unhappy."

"And what do you want me to do about it?"

A golden bow and arrow appeared in her hand. I leaned as far as I could away from her. "Now, this won't hurt a bit," she said aiming at my heart.

"What are you going to do?" I closed my eyes as if I had already felt the arrow.

She lowered her arm to think. "I'm not too sure. It may cause you to fall in love with everyone or you could kill yourself with despair. Don't look scared! That's unlikely. Only a fifty percent chance...I'm kidding. Like forty."

Aiming again, Cupid raised her arm then let go. The arrow flew towards me and hit my chest. Surprisingly, I couldn't feel anything until it crumbled into glitter. I began gasping with not pain but something similar.

"Oops," Cupid frowned.

"I can't... I...," I struggled to speak.

My mind was scrambled and my heart only wanted one thing. Hadrian. It was like he was the only thing that could keep me sane and the longing feeling was getting unbearable. Every cell in me was calling for him which explained why he walked in seconds later.

His stormy eyes locked onto mine that suddenly began watering with tears due to the irrational feelings. Hadrian then caught sight of Cupid and her bow.

"Why the f*ck did I get called by Rhea as if she was in trouble and I find my cousin with her?" Hadrian asked with an eyebrow raised.

Cupid hid her instrument of trouble behind her and shuffled. "I may have wanted to invite her to my birthday party but may have taken it a tiny bit too far."

"You think? She's tied up and crying."

My tears dripped to the floor as I wasn't able to wipe them. Hadrian walked towards me and kneeled down to look at my face. He brushed the tears from my face, instantly making me feel better. However, he starting putting things together and the swearing followed.

"Which arrow, Cupid?" He hissed at her, getting up.

"It's none of-"

"Which f*cking arrow? Sh*t. Rhea, princess, don't cry." He came straight back to me and cupped my face. "F*ck. I'm sorry."

"It was an intensity arrow! Gosh, Hadrian, you're acting like you're on your period," she huffed.

Hadrian picked up the nearest vase and threw it at her. "I should ask you that. It wasn't me who shot someone for no reason."

"She was being rude!"

"So the first thing you thought of was to shoot her."

"Yes."

"How long does it last for?"

"The second she enters my birthday party on my birthday. So in a three days. But does no one see the benefits of this?"

"I get stuck with an overly emotional girl?" I felt hurt by that. Hurt that was multiplied by a thousand then the urge to cry returned.

"That girl is your future girlfriend so shut the f*ck up. Everything she feels is amplified and you're the only thing that keeps her emotions in check. So you have to stay with her all the time if you know what I mean," Cupid winked suggestively.

"F*ck off," Hadrian told her. She blew kisses at him and disappeared, leaving the smell of roses.

"I'm sorry," I muttered as he began yanking off the rope.

"There's nothing to be sorry for unless you asked her to shoot you."

I stood up once he was done, feeling grateful for the use of my legs and arms. Hadrian walked into the living room, leaving me in a state of panic. I followed him, closing the distance between us. Once this thing Cupid put on me was removed, I was going to have to hunt for my dignity and probably kill her.

Lacing his fingers with mine, Hadrian sat us down on the couch then clicked, making the lights turn off and the television turn on. A random action film was playing but he made no move to change it. I didn't care about anything but that we were together and most importantly, okay.

#

AHHH I HAVE 10 DAYS TO FINISH THIS BOOK *breathes*

Anyway, how's life? (I ask this a lot but I care XD)

I hope you have a MERRY MERRY XMAS and if you don't celebrate it HAPPY NEW YEAR and if you don't do that, HAPPY ___DAY (fill in gap)

I have no idea what I'm getting on baby Jesus' b-day but it's expensive *winks* maybe a guy... Hope he's gorgeous...and called Hadrian...

XO Nyx_