38. I hate how much I love you

Rhea leaned against me, asleep, as I tried to stay awake in my Business lecture. The more dedicated students around me wrote notes while I recorded everything on my phone to watch at a time when I was feeling more productive. It was Valentine's day and Cupid's birthday. Although Rhea and I's relationship was nonexistent, I had still got her something.

I started dozing off until the guy next to me nudged me. "Hey dude. Want me to send you the notes?" He asked.

Slightly dazed, I nodded. "Yeah. Whatever. Thanks."

My eyes soon shut and I was out. Then I heard my name being called. "Mr. DiRomero. Mr. DiRomero."

My head shoot up. The class were all looking at me, some looking amused. The teacher frowned at me. "Do you know what the next stage of agreement is in a business deal is?"

"Partnership," I answered immediately.

He nodded. "Good. But next time leave the sleeping at home."

For the rest of the lesson I stayed awake, feeling insanely jealous of Rhea. She continued sleeping, completely unaware of what was going on around her. We, for some stupid reason, decided to have a movie marathon even though I had class the next day. Eventually, the lecture was over. I shook Rhea gently to wake her up.

"Princess. We need to go," I whispered.

"Do we have to?" She opened her golden eyes slowly.

"Cupid's party is later and I have things to give to you."

Her face lit up. "Okay then."

We grabbed our things but one of the guys stopped me. "Is that your girl?"

"Yes. Why?" I immediately became possessive.

"Nothing. I just respect that you brought her with you."

"Thanks." Not that I had much of a choice.

Rhea waited for me impatiently outside the classroom. She grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the building. We walked silently to her dorm. The witch was gone as usual which made everything easier. I sat Rhea on her bed.

"Close your eyes," I command. She narrowed her eyes at the order. "Please."

I grabbed the items I had hidden in the back of her wardrobe. "You can look now."

She gasped then smiled when she took in the bouquet of white roses and unnecessarily large box of chocolate. "Oh my gosh."

"You're welcome," I said smirking.

She took them then placed them on the bed. "You didn't have to do this."

"I know." A text message told me that it had arrived. "We need to go outside."

"Why?" She asked suspiciously.

"You'll see."

She followed me till we stood on the sidewalk. My black car sat parked in front of an identical white one. I handed her a set of keys.

"Here. It's yours."

"What?" Her eyes were wide.

"I told you I'd get you one."

I was suddenly wrapped up in a hug. I moved my arms to bring her closer. F*ck. I knew I was falling for the girl and I realized that I would even die for her if I had to. Rhea mumbled something into my shirt.

"What did you say?" I asked. She shook her head.

"Thank you," she said quietly.

"Anything for you, princess."

*****

Cupid's party was being held in my dad's mansion, the same place I had threatened Kane. There was no long queue of cars as the guest list was selective. Rhea had driven us here in her car while I was trying not to ask her to change out of her dress. It was red and tight, showing off her assets which I didn't want on display.

"Calm down, Hadrian," she said as we got out the car.

"I will not f*cking calm down. If anyone even looks at you, they're dead."

Rhea rolled her eyes and press a quick kiss on my lips. "I'll be with you the whole time." She walked towards the entrance.

"You can't kiss me like that and go," I groaned. "Finish what you started."

All I got in response was a laugh. B*tch. She stood at the door, hesitating.

"If I go in, will this all end?" She said sadly.

"I'll be the same old me."

She sighed then entered with me behind her. I folded my arms, waiting for something to happen but she did nothing. Rhea frowned.

"Nothing changed," she admitted.

"Because my arrow wore off after five hours when I shot you. The last few days have all been you," replied a grinning Cupid. She wore a red ball gown with a tiara and a huge smile on her face.

Rhea and I stared at her in shock. That little manipulative b*tch

"So you're telling me, we didn't even have to come here?" I growled.

"Yes," Cupid said, admiring her nails.

"You're lucky it's your birthday."

"And that's two thousand dollars for my services."

"Are you kidding?"

"Hadrian, that's like two cent for you."

I pulled the money from my suit pocket and handed it to her. "Three thousand with your birthday money."

She smirked and began walking away. "Make sure you tell Rhea the truth. Raven's in her room."

"What just happened?" Rhea turned to me.

"Cupid," I said, running my hand through my hair in frustration.

"And what truth?"

I could feel her withdrawing from me but I wasn't going to let her go again. I linked my fingers with hers and looked straight into her eyes.

"I'm going to tell you everything. From the start to where we are now."

"And if I don't believe you?"

"Then I've tried and I'll let you go."

#

Was this not a cute chapter???

We have a week before this will be over. *cries* I feel like I'm leaving my family.

I will release the first chapter of the next book soon so my writing life isn't over (don't worry)

So please VOTE, COMMENT AND SHARE (tell friends. It can be their Christmas gift XD)

XO Nyx_