13. A night To Remember

‘Alexia Maria Moynihan Fernandez!!!’

Oh boy… The only time someone calls her her full name is when she’s really in a serious situation…

Lexi:     Uy… anjan na pala kayo—

Julie A: Alam mo ba kung anong oras na?!

Lexi:     Julie Anne…--

Bea:     4pm na! diba sabi ko naman sayo… kailangan… 3 andito ka na?!

Lexi:     Bea… kilala mo naman sina—

Julie A: nakuuu! Kris and Josh… when I see them… they are as good as dead!

Lexi:     Julie Anne…--

B & J:   MALIGO KA NA!

Lexi:     pero naligo na ko—

     Two girls were looking menacingly at Lexi…

     She kicked the bathroom door close and locked it gritting her teeth. After she took a long hot shower she wrapped a towel to her head and around her petite body. She stood in front of the mirror hesitantly. She never in her life thought of her self as pretty but that was what she wanted to be today... She became conscious just now… just for this one night’s sake… para lang matapatan yung kagwapuhan ni Alden…

     She closed her eyes and thought about her dress. It was beautiful and she still hadn't shown it to Julie Anne who will surely go mad when she sees it!

Julie A: Are you coming out or not? Nahulog ka ba sa toilet o ano?

     Julie Anne rudely said and knocked violently. Lexi opened her eyes and glared at the closed door.

Really… I’m in the middle of daydreaming here!

Lexi:     Coming!

     she snapped and she heard voices giggling. She reluctantly opened the door and suddenly pairs of hands pulled her out and made her stand in front of a mirror. Julie Anne was watching her carefully along with Bea.

Julie A: hmmm… facial? Does she need it?

Bea:     No, she has very clear skin...

     Bea mumbled touching Lexi's face.

Bea: You are lucky Lexi! I would love to have your skin!

Julie A: I would diel for her body! Look at those curves!

 Julie Anne exclaimed looking her up and down.

Julie A: Dyosang-dyosa ka, kung gugustuhin mo!

Bea:     Why are you not taking care of your self, Lexi?

Lexi:     Inaalagaan ko naman ang sarili ko ah!

Julie A: Really? In what aspect?  Now… Alexia… Maria… Mornihan… Fernandez…

Oh no…

Julie A: You have to remember… that as a girl… you. Are. Obliged. To. Take care of yourself… ‘our definition’!