17. The Reason

So here Jake was, three hours after the ‘rejection’, drowning himself to all the drinks his body could manage. His face was wet from all the tears he shed, his eyes red but his awful looks didn't stopped him from drinking. All he could think about was Lexi's lovely eyes, the softnes of her hand, the smell of vanilla-strawberry scent and her exquisite beauty. He was so in love with her... And he lost her. Because of his stupidity, he lost the first girl he loved. How utterly ridiculous! He, the guy who had every girl panting after him, had fallen in love and the girl didn't want him! He laughed bitterly at the irony as he felt his heart pulsing painfully. He could actually feel his heart breaking. He could barely breath when he thought about her enraged eyes and the words she spoke to him.

" Sorry… sorry talaga… pero hindi kita gusto… at baka hindi na din kita magustuhan… Si Alden… si Alden talaga eh… Please… Please tanggapin mo na… I’m sorry…”

Jake:    sino bang niloko mo? haha! pano ka ba naman niya pipiliin over that perfect bastard?! How utterly stupid! I was to actually think that the Thomasian Princess will settle with just a knight when she can have her prince! Cheers to my broken heart!

     He downed the rest of the bottle. His mind was clouded by the time he stopped drinking. He had no idea what time it was but he guessed it was late. He unsteadily stood up. When he saw couples flir—kissing… he immediately pulled the girl…

Guy:     what’s your problem?!

Jake:    YOU! You are my problem!

Guy:     Babe… do you know this guy?!

Jake:    (facing the girl) why won’t you give me damn chance?! Is he THAT perfect?!

Girl:      Wh-what? Do… do I know you?

Jake:    Bakit ambilis mo kong kalimutan…? Kulang ba yung pagmamahal ko sayo? Kung hahayaan mo lang ako…

Guy:     Pare… bitawan mo nga girlfriend ko…

Jake:    Ano bang problema mo?! sabing sandal nga lang eh…

Guy:     Eh sira ulo ka pala eh!

     Nagsuntukan sila… nung una… Jake had the advantage… all he could think of was beating Alden. But then the girl sided her boyfriend… in Jake’s eyes… all he could see, was Lexi, kneeling down beside Alden, begging him to stop… he can’t continue this… he can’t take seeing his dear Lexi crying in front of him… and most importantly, caressing OTHER GUY.

     Jake was preoccupied by his thoughts… the guy then got back on his feet and took his revenge on Jake… Jake can’t fight anymore… what’s the use? He lost his STRENGTH… he lost his REASON TO FIGHT… before things get worse, the bouncer had pulled them off together.

Mgr:     hello? Do you know Mr. Jake Vargas?

Derrick: what? Sino to? Bakit nasayo phone ni Jake?

Mgr:     Sir… your FRIEND just caused a SCENE at our bar… would you mind picking him up, A-S-A-P?

Derrick: WHAT?!

Mgr:     and you should be hurrying up, he is not in the best condition…

Derrick: san yan?!

::::::::::

Elmo:   Jhu! Pwede mahiram sasakyan mo? ako na mag-gas…--

Julie A.:ano?

Elmo:   Emergency…