25. We Could Happen

Muka na siyang basang sisiw. Hopeless, nowhere to go… and Lexi is nowhere to be found too… it was hopeless…

God… kailangan ko siya… kailangan ko siya sa buhay ko… alam kong pilit kong nilalayo yung sarili ko sa kanya… pero this is crazy… whenever I see her, she keeps on pulling me back to her involuntarily! Oo, gusto ko siyang kalimutan, pero kung ito ang paraan niyo, para ilayo siya sakin… wala ba kayong Plan B?

     At one moment there he looked around him… still no Lexi… but he saw a chapel instead… he saw wet shoeprints on the floor… he hurried inside… he walked towards the altar… and right below the white linen… he found his Lexi… the girl who held his heart… he immediately pulled her close to him. Put his headphones on her ears. And played some music… nothing else matters… he will forever be hers… and at this moment… she is his. He pulled her closer...

Derrick:             Sorry… I didn’t know… If I knew… I would never… never…--

     Here they are… alone again. Her eyebrows furrowed and her white teeth nibbling her bottom, plum lip. For a second he wished he was the one to bite her enticing lips and he mentally slapped himself. The girl was in fear and he was having fantasies about kissing her! He was such a pervert!

     Lexi was still afraid… very afraid she didn’t bother looking at her savior… her savior hugged her tightly as if he would never let go of her… His warmth, his scent, this feeling… this feeling that she will be safe in his arms… these were so familiar to her… she didn’t have to look at his face… she knew… she knew who her savior was…

     Whilst he was reprimanding himself and wondering if his perverseness was only directing at her she looked up and her warm eyes had gratefulness in their depths.

Lexi:                 Thank you, Derrick. I knew you’d come…

     She contently locked her eyes to his.

His fathomless black eyes… hindi ko alam. Pero I’m always drawn to it. But all I can see was pain… and longing… that was impossible right? You? Longing for me? Hindi mo ko magugustuhan. Kasi lagi tayong nag-aaway. Lagi kitang nasasaktan… at may Kylie ka na. may Alden na ko.

Derrick:             Kahit nasan ka pa… kung natatakot ka… kahit hindi ako yung kailangan mo… I’ll be there.

     Derrick was actually confessing! Hooray! But the thing is… Lexi had his headphones on so technically she can’t hear him… But she had always had his heart… Just by looking at his passionate eyes… she can see right through his soul… she could hear his words… she could finally feel the real him…

     He lifted a trembling hand to her face. He gingerly touched her cheek and he closed his eyes. She looked confused but not afraid.

This is good. mukang narerelax na siya kahit papano.

     His thumb made small circles on her skin and he noticed that it was softer than what he imagined. He pulled his eyes open and found her carefully studying him. Her eyes were darker and her lips slightly parted. He leaned closer and she didn't pull back. He now could feel her cool breath on his lips. He could practically taste it on his tongue. He deeply inhaled. Vanilla-Strawberries, her infamous vanilla-strawberry scent. His eyes dropped to her lips and she softly gasped in shock.

     This is the reason why she can’t look at his eyes for a long time… She was slowly being under his spell! She couldn't stop looking at his fathomless black eyes as he slowly leaned in closer, his eyes flickering between her own black orbs and her lips. Her breathing had picked up and she was now almost breathless.