26. You and Me

It was almost time before the sun sets and they are walking along the seashore…

Elmo:   So… nag-enjoy ka ba?

     Finally Elmo broke the torturing silence…

Julie A: enjoy? Hmmm… hindi yun yung perfect word na magdedescribe eh…--

Elmo:   so hindi ka nag-enjoy?

Julie A: Weird siya… pero hindi ako nagenjoy talaga… para kasing… ang… kakaiba ng feeling?

Elmo:   Huh?

Julie A.: siguro dahil first time kong makihangout sa inyo… so hindi ko talaga alam kung pano makikisama. So yun.—

      Julie Anne looked back at Elmo and smiled… Elmo’s system is having this weird… (hmm. What word to use?) sensation whenever he sees Julie Anne’s smile… Sometimes he just finds himself… a bit stunned while staring at her… and slowly smiling too.

Yassi:   Tara na?

     Both of them walked towards Yassi. And yassi put her right arm on Julie Anne’s shoulders and her left on Elmo’s.

Yassi:   So san tayo next?

Elmo:   huh?

Yassi:   after this… san tayo?

Elmo:   Gala ka talaga eh no?

     Yassi turned to Julie Anne who is giggling.

Julie A: May contest akong sinalihan… by the way. Moe kailangan andun ka.

Elmo:   ANO?

Julia A.:            hello? Kaya nga ko pumayag na sumama dito kasi sabi mo sasamhan mo ko dun!

Elmo:   Wala akong natatandaan!

     They DID have a deal… But Elmo is TRYING HARD to convince Julie Anne not to force him to accompany her… Knowing Julie anne, the contest would probably be the backstage-scene-of-a-fashion-show… you know, make-up, dress ups and stuff.

OoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoOoO

Barbie:  Josh. Kailangan mo kong samahan!

Josh:    Ayaw ko nga!

Barbie:  Uggghhh. Kapag hindi mo ko sinamahan… either hindi talaga ko papayagan… o kailangan kong magsama ng CHAPERONE!

Josh:    so wag ka na lang pumunta! :P

Barbie:   True friend ka talaga!

Josh:     So magsama ka na lang ng chaperone!

      After the little-get-together-slash-swimming-lessons… Barbie had treated Josh as one of her so-called-true friends… and being true friends with Barbie means letting her guard down whenever she’s with them… Lowering her guard down means being ‘ANNOYING’(As what Josh would describe it)

     Josh has always been annoyed by Barbie ever since the first time they met her… (do you still remember?) Since Josh has always been and will always be protective of his bestfriend Lexi, and the accidental-Derrick-Lexi-kiss has brought nothing but social-war in their school… Josh was just annoyed—no, PISSED OFF by anyone—yes, ANYONE who pushes Lexi to Derrick. Because that time, Derrick is their number one enemy. And with PERFECT timing(sarcasm here), Barbie enters the scene… introduces herself as Lexi’s-supposed-to-be-sister-in-law.  So with no one to blame, Josh’s first impression to Barbie was… (drum roll) The girl with the annoying everyone-loves-me attitude.